Oneworld member airline Finnair is offering a new business class fare from autumn 2020: A so called Light fare. Doesn’t that sound familiar?! Indeed, Emirates caught some attention a while ago with their announcement of plans introducing a business class light fare.
How will the fare differentiate?
There will be three differences compared to Finnair’s business class classic fare:
- Changes or cancellation will not be permitted, also not for a fee
- The fare won’t include checked luggage (yes, it is indeed true!)
- The mileage accrual is not confirmed yet but will most probably differentiate
On which routings will the fare be available?
The fare will only be available on short-haul within Europe and on long-haul flights from Europe to Asia. If the fare type is doing well, of course it is very likely that Finnair will introduce it on other routes as well such as North America.
What will happen with current tickets?
For already made bookings, the fare types will change to the following:
- Business -> Business Flex
- Business Saver -> Business Classic
Source: OMAAT – Thank you!