Star Alliance member United is currently selling its nonstop flights between the UK and the USA at a very low price. You can fly to New York from London, Glasgow, and Edinburgh for only £266 (~€308). If you’re willing to pay £303 (~€351), you can also fly to California from London. The availability is high in May, June, and September.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
These are United’s nonstop routes:
- Glasgow – New York: £266 (~€308)
- Edinburgh – New York: £268 (~€310)
- London – New York: £269 (~€311)
- London – San Francisco: £303 (~€351)
- London – Los Angeles: £311 (~€360)
These tickets all include one carry-on of up to 8 kg. You’ll also be served a meal & drinks. Booking the basic fare, which includes a piece of luggage, would cost roughly £90 (~€104) more.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
By the way, we also offer some more deals from Great Britain:
Search & Book
To get these prices, your trip needs to include a Sunday. You also need to depart from Monday to Wednesday (or Thursday on the inbound flight). The availability is high in May, June, and September. You can find the exact availability on Google Flights. You can then book the flights directly on Lufthansa’s website.
The tickets are issued in booking class K. A flights from Glasgow to New York would get you:
- 3,220 on Air India Flying Returns
- 3,220 on SAS EuroBonus
- 3,220 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 3,220 on South African Voyager
- 3,220 on Azul TudoAzul
- 3,220 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 3,220 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 3,220 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 3,220 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 3,220 on EgyptAir Plus
- 3,220 on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 3,220 on TAP Miles & Go
- 3,220 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 3,220 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 3,220 on Asiana Club
- 3,220 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 2,590 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 1,930 on ANA Mileage Club
- 1,610 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 1,610 on Miles & More
Should you fly to California, the number of miles would be higher. Here is an example for a roundtrip from London to Los Angeles:
- 5,440 on Air India Flying Returns
- 5,440 on SAS EuroBonus
- 5,440 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 5,440 on South African Voyager
- 5,440 on Azul TudoAzul
- 5,440 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 5,440 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 5,440 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 5,440 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 5,440 on EgyptAir Plus
- 5,440 on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 5,440 on TAP Miles & Go
- 5,440 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 5,440 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 5,440 on Asiana Club
- 5,440 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 4,380 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 3,260 on ANA Mileage Club
- 2,720 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 2,720 on Miles & More
Information & Tips for USA
The USA offers many sights, natural wonders and cultural significance. Thanks to numerous airlines offering flights across the Atlantic, it is always pretty inexpensive to get there. Alternatively, you can also cross the Atlantic by boat.
Immigration, ESTA & Visa Requirements
The USA has one of the strictest entry regulations in the world. Most EU citizens, among others, are lucky to be able to participate in the so-called Visa Waiver Program. If you get an electronic entry permit (ESTA) for about €12, you don’t need a visa for entry.
The Best Time to Visit
Due to its sheer size, the perfect time to visit the USA varies greatly from region to region. In winter, Florida is very popular due to the mild temperatures. In the summer the West and East Coasts are flooded by tourists which drives up the prices for hotels and flights and during the Indian Summer in late autumn New England is a very popular destination. The hurricane season between July and September can be dangerous in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida and the southern states are regularly struck by these tropical storms. Blizzards occur from the East Coast to the Midwest during the winter months and regularly put air traffic and public life on hold.
The US dollar is widely used throughout the world and accepted as a currency in most tourist hotspots worldwide. That being said, carrying cash isn’t necessary in the US, all you need is a credit card! These are very common in the USA and are accepted pretty much everywhere without any issues. If you already have a credit card in your wallet, you should make sure that it does not charge a foreign currency fee if possible. Carrying a few dollars in cash doesn’t hurt though. You might need cash e.g. for the bus ticket if you want to buy it directly from the driver. Most of the time you even have to give exact change.
All Dealz for USA