Entry into Hong Kong without a residence permit has been possible again since May 1, but it all remains (for the time being) quite complicated. From March until June 2023, you can travel from Budapest to the former British colony in SWISS‘ First Class for HUF 1,167,200 (~€3,008). Hopefully, entry will be even easier by then, though we sadly can’t say for sure.
The tickets can be rebooked without having to pay a fee, but the price difference will have to be paid, which could be an outrageously high sum. Tickets can also be cancelled free of charge if you select the flex fare that costs HUF 220,000 (~€567) more.
To book the flights, you can simply use our search form. After one click, you will be forwarded directly to the booking on Swiss’ or Lufthansa’s website (they are basically the same). Unfortunately, the prices from Google Flights are not always correct and we can currently only show part of the availability.
First, you’d fly to Zurich in Airbus A220 machines, before the long-haul flight then takes place in a Boeing 777.
Search & Book
It is not known how long the offer will last. This deal has availability from March to June 2023. The minimum stay requirement is not specified, but according to the fare rules, you can spend a maximum of 12 months at the travel destination.
You can easily find available dates using our calendar above, or with the help of Google Flights (instructions). You can book the flights either on Swiss.com or on Lufthansa.com. It literally makes no difference.
SWISS First Class
In SWISS’ first class, you’ll be served excellent food in a comfortable seat that can be turned into a
In first class, tickets are issued in booking class A. The business class feeder flights are issued in booking class J. So you’ll get the following credits from Swiss if you fly from Budapest to Hong Kong via Zurich (and back):
- 39,536 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 36,602 Miles on Air New Zealand AirPoints
- 36,600 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
- 36,596 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 36,596 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 25,464 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 25,464 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 25,066 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 25,064 Award Miles + 3,400 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 25,064 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 24,864 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 24,566 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 24,564 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 24,564 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 24,564 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 18,798 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 18,598 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 18,550 Miles on South African Voyager
- 18,548 Miles on Asiana Club
- 18,548 Award Miles + 12,532 Tier Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 18,298 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 17,298 Award Miles on Asia Miles
- 11,476 Award Miles + 38,596 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 11,476 Award Miles + 680 Points on Miles&More 2024
Hotel prices in Hong Kong usually start at roughly €35, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Information & Tips for Hong Kong
Hong Kong is an Asian city-state and a vital trading metropolis in the Pearl River Delta not far from the Chinese coast. The city has long been a center for trade and business. Hong Kong is one of the largest air traffic hubs in Asia and therefore offers excellent connections to the rest of the world, hence the good deals that various airlines often provide. Flights in economy class usually are between 400€ and 500€ sometimes for even less than 400€.
Best Time to Visit
Winters are mild and dry, whereas summers are hot with rainfall and high humidity. The best time to travel is from October to early December when the weather is sunny, cool and therefore very pleasant.
Entry & Visa
Entry is possible for most EU citizens without a visa, and only a passport is required. A permit for 90 days is issued upon entry. For further information, please visit the website of your countries Ministry of foreign affairs.
The local currency is the Hong Kong Dollar ($, HKD, HK$). One Euro is approximately HK$8. Many credit cards may charge a foreign currency fee (up to 2% for payment) in Hong Kong Dollars.
Getting from the airport to the city centre
The fastest and most convenient way into the city is by Airport Express. This train will take you to the city centre within 24 minutes and will cost you around €12 per trip. Alternatively, you can also get into a taxi and pay approximately €35.
→ All Dealz for Hong Kong