Departing from Paris, there are currently all sorts of exciting options for “Round the World” tickets in Star Alliance business class. There are innumerable variants. Some routings can be booked, some can’t. All connections have a stay in Auckland in common.
While this deal is still valid, most example links in this deal are not. You’ll have to try and find dates/routes that are still available. Here’s one still-valid example.
The best options appear to be found in late 2022 and early 2023. We found the cheapest variant that we can book directly with the airlines for €2,862. There seem to be significantly more bookable combinations via OTAs.
Except for Japan and Hong Kong, all countries mentioned here have recently announced border openings for tourists. But you should be aware that the trip will fall apart as soon as one of the countries closes its borders again.
Cancellations are not permitted on this fare. There are only a few exceptions to this, e.g. death of a family member or refusal of a visa. Rebooking is allowed, but the price difference always has to be paid.
Basically, as mentioned above, countless options are possible. You can start east or west, incorporating destinations like Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Auckland, Sydney, Bangkok, Seoul, Singapore, Hong Kong, and more. However, the start and destination must be in France, otherwise, the prices cannot be achieved.
Unfortunately, Air New Zealand’s business class isn’t the most modern. Long-haul options with ANA and/or Singapore Airlines are therefore more attractive.
Of course, many more connections are possible than in our example above. Below are a few more examples. Where possible, we have linked United (via Google Flights) or Expedia for booking.
- Paris – Los Angeles – Auckland – Tokyo – Paris for €2,855
- Paris – Miami – Auckland – Tokyo – Paris for €2,859
- Paris – Los Angeles – Auckland – Seoul – Paris for €2,887
- Paris – San Francisco – Auckland – Tokyo – Paris for €2,888
- Paris – San José (Costa Rica) – Auckland – Hong Kong – Paris for €2,910
- Paris – Cancún – Auckland – Tokyo – Paris for €2,912
- Paris – Los Angeles – Auckland | Sydney – Bangkok – Paris for €2,943
The vertical bar | stands for a surface sector. You then have to take care of the transportation yourself from e.g. Chicago to New York. You can remain flexible in your planning and can also take the Amtrak, for example.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not state an expiration date. The minimum stay requirement is 10 days, and you can be on the road for a maximum of 12 months.
You can find suitable dates with the help of Google Flights (instructions). Alternatively, the matrix is also available. Have patience: as already mentioned at the beginning, many things cannot be booked or the prices jump around. In any case, there are quite a few options.
You can book some of the flights directly with United, Lufthansa or Swiss. If that doesn’t work, we recommend booking with Expedia. You can also use the following form to access the multi-stop search on Expedia
The booking class is usually P but varies depending on the operating airline. With Air New Zealand, for example, you end up in booking class J.
For the example routing
ZRH - CDG - LAX - SFO - AKL - TYO - ZRH - CDG you should receive the following miles when booking directly with United:
- 45,728 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 37,928 Miles on Miles&More
- 37,729 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 36,943 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 36,859 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 36,859 Miles on South African Voyager
- 36,859 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 36,859 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 31,856 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 31,256 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 30,963 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 30,848 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 30,848 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 28,528 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 28,252 Miles on Asiana Club
- 27,958 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 27,844 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 24,041 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 23,997 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 18,030 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 13,236 Award Miles + 1,729 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 12,480 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 422 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 338 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 338 Miles on Azul TudoAzul
Of course, we cannot cover all examples with the list. Therefore, you will find our mileage calculator below, which you can use to calculate credit for different routings: