Star Alliance member SWISS currently offers a very nice partner sale from Amsterdam. The absolute highlight of this sale is the business class roundtrips to Sydney for less than €1,700. All itineraries feature two layovers – one in Zurich and one in East Asia, most likely in Singapore or Bangkok. There’s availability until March 2022.
You could even save another 100€ by flying via Tokyo. However, you would have to switch airports (from Haneda to Narita), which means organizing and paying the transportation between the airports, as well as having to go through Japanese immigration.
This is a partner sale – you have to purchase tickets for two adults to get the quoted price.
You will fly in Swiss’ business class to Zurich and onwards to Singapore, Hong Kong, or Bangkok. From these airports, you will enjoy Cathay Pacific’s (HKG), Singapore Airlines’ (SIN), or THAI’s (BKK) luxurious premium products to Sydney. Sometimes, instead of flying SWISS via Zurich, you can also fly Lufthansa via Frankfurt.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
By the way, we also offer many other business class deals for our readers from Amsterdam:
Search & Book
The fare rules state that this deal expires on April 12, 2021 and covers flights until March 1, 2022. You can find flight dates on Google Flights (instructions). You should then book the flights to Auckland via SWISS’ website. Don’t forget to enter at least 2 adults in every search mask, since this is a partner sale! It is also important that you select “Lufthansa Group” for Airline:
When proceeding with a booking, you’ll be presented a selection of all available flight options. Once you’ve reached this site, make sure to select exactly the same flights as seen in Google Flights. Otherwise you’d have to try all available combinations – reaching from about €15,000 to €1,500 roundtrip.
Most of the flights are in booking class P. Thai Airways issues them in booking class Z. For Singapore Airlines, the booking class will probably be mapped to booking class D. This booking class will accrue 100% of the mileage in most Star Alliance frequent flyer programs. Flying to Sydney via Bangkok (outbound) and Singapore (inbound) should get you the following number of miles:
- 40,090 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 27,000 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 26,700 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 26,090 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 25,520 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 24,920 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 24,670 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 23,750 Miles on Asiana Club
- 23,500 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 23,500 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 23,500 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 23,500 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 23,500 Miles on South African Voyager
- 23,500 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 22,520 Miles on United MileagePlus
- 19,670 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 17,110 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 16,690 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 12,780 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 7,820 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 4,880 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 4,880 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 4,880 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 3,910 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
- 2,930 Award Miles + 17,440 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 750 Miles on Asia Miles
Before booking any hotels, check out our list of vouchers available for hotels and chains all around the world:
Information & Tips for Sydney
Sydney is Australia’s most populous city and offers a lot to see for tourists. The metropolis on the east coast of the country is also Australia’s largest transport and trade center and therefore relatively easy to reach.
Flights to Australia usually start at around €1,000 for Economy Class tickets. However, we regularly show you deals with prices far below € 1,000.
From the airport to the city
The airport is 9km from the city center and easily accessible by train, bus, taxi, and ferry. A ride by train costs about 10€, a taxi ride about 25€.
All Dealz for Sydney