With Swiss and United, you can travel to Micronesia comparatively cheaply in Business Class. More precisely, to Guam – the largest and southernmost island of the Mariana Archipelago in the Western Pacific Ocean. You can get a return flight via Zurich and Tokyo for just €2,285. Availability is generally good from August onward, but you can only fly the Tokyo – Guam leg lie-flat again starting November.
To enter the country, you must be vaccinated and show a negative test. A quarantine has not been enforced since the end of March (last checked on May 11, 2022).
If you book the Business Basic fare with Lufthansa, you can rebook the flights at any time without having to pay a rebooking fee. The route and departure airport can also be changed. Only the price difference between the old and new fares is charged. The tickets can also be cancelled for a surcharge of €180.
You can use the following search form to book. We have marked the cheapest dates (for trips with a maximum stay of 28 days) in green and will forward you to Lufthansa’s booking site:
By far the most interesting connections take you via Zurich with Swiss to Tokyo and from there on with United Airlines to Guam. Each flight would be in a Boeing 777 aircraft with a real lie-flat business class. You can fly with Lufthansa via Frankfurt for almost the same price, but according to Google Flights, there are no combinations in which you could combine that with also flying lie-flat with United.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not state how long the offer is going to remain available. You can travel between May and March 2023. The minimum stay requirement is 5 days (or one Sunday), and the maximum is 12 months.
The booking class is P. For the example connection above, you should receive the following number of miles:
- 28,340 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 18,494 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 16,866 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 16,652 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 16,252 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 16,204 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 16,204 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 16,052 Miles on Asiana Club
- 16,052 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 15,422 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 15,422 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 15,422 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 15,422 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 15,422 Miles on South African Voyager
- 15,422 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 15,422 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 14,722 Award Miles + 2,944 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 12,294 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 10,796 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 8,784 Award Miles + 16,552 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 3,910 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 3,128 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 3,128 Miles on Azul TudoAzul
Guam is an unincorporated and organized territory of the United States. Therefore, you will usually not need a visa for trips under 90 days, and only have to apply for an ESTA (roughly €12). Guam uses US-Dollars as currency.
Hotel prices in Guam usually start at roughly €155, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search: