SkyTeam member Air France (and its partner KLM) is currently selling cheap business class tickets from Oslo to Cape Town. The availability is not exactly outstanding, but you’ll find various dates from August until March 2021. Due to the Coronavirus crisis and the strict entry regulations, we recommend that you book for as late as possible, as to be on the safer side. We also recommend that you book directly at KLM.
The flight between Oslo and Paris is usually carried out with an Airbus A319, and you’ll then enjoy your long-haul flight on an Airbus A350.
Just so you know, there are also some other business class dealz from Oslo:
Search & Book
This deal will remain valid until June 24, 2020. Until then, you can purchase the tickets for flights before March 31st, 2021, always respecting the minimum stay requirement of 6 days (or a Sunday). You can use Google Flights to search for availability and then directly book on KLM’s website, but to save you some clicking, we’ve compiled an availability calendar that will send you directly to KLM’s booking site:
The flights between Oslo and Paris are issued in booking class J, while the long-haul flights are issued in booking class O. You can expect the following mileage:
- 15,008 Miles on Delta SkyMiles
- 13,744 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 10,254 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 4,800 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 3,530 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 3,394 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 3,394 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,954 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 2,954 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 2,532 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 2,532 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 2,532 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 2,532 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 2,194 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 2,194 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 2,110 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 2,110 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 2,110 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 2,110 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
Information & Tips for Cape Town
Cape Town is the second largest – but touristically more relevant – city in South Africa and especially known for the Table Mountain and the beaches in the south. The city is well-connected to Europe and the rest of Africa by air travel.
Compared to Johannesburg, flights to Cape Town are pretty much always more expensive. A good price is €500 – €600 for a round trip ticket in economy class. Anything under €500 can be considered a good deal, occasionally you can find fares around €400, although without checked luggage for the most part.
The Best Time to Visit
The ideal time to visit Cape Town is during the summer from the end of January until the end of April; the hottest temperatures are from December to February, although it is very windy during this time.
From the Airport to the City
Due to high crime rates, it is not recommended taking a bus or other forms of public transport in the regions surrounding the airport. A taxi from the airport to the city centre costs about €18 to €25, an Uber is a good alternative and costs about half of that.
→ All Dealz for Cape Town
Cover Picture: Claudio Fonte / unsplash.com