You currently have the opportunity to travel with Qatar Airways to Sorong, New Guinea for €607. Sorong lies on the western part of the Island, in the Indonesian province of West Papua. The flights include 30 kg of luggage. The cheapest flights can be found from many European cities, such as Stockholm, Oslo, Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, Prague, etc.
Here are some examples of departure airports that offer nice prices:
- Zagreb at €607
- Copenhagen at €628
- Amsterdam at €652
- Stockholm at €669
- Oslo at €673
- London at €676
- Brussels at €680
- Milan at €683
- Budapest at €686
- Warsaw at €695
Sorong is a good point of departure to visit the Raja Ampat archipelago, which is an ideal destination for divers. You can go by ferry from Sorong in less than two hours.
You would first fly to Doha, from where a Qatar Dreamliner would fly you to Jakarta, Indonesia. The last segment from Jakarta to Sorong is operated by Garuda Indonesia (SkyTeam) onboard a Boeing 737.
Some countries are currently advising their citizens, not to travel to the Indonesian provinces of Papua and West Papua (Papua Barat) due to the violent clashes between separatists and the police. Apparently, the internet has been completely shut down in both provinces.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, this deal is valid until February 29, 2020 for the following travel periods:
- January 23rd through April 2nd
- April 28th through June 24th
The minimum stay is set at 6 days (or a night from Saturday to Sunday), and you may spend a maximum of 4 months at your destination. Stopovers in Doha and Jakarta are permitted for a surcharge of a couple of euros.
Sadly, available dates can’t be found on Google Flights, but they can be found on the Matrix. Use the following parameters to see a calendar with the cheapest dates. If you need more help, check out our article on how to find flights that Google won’t.
Once you’ve found dates, you can book the flights over our Travel-Dealz flight search. Alternatively, you can also book on QatarAirways.com. Tickets will cost you a bit more there, but you can pay with all the usual payment methods without an extra surcharge.
- 10,786 Points on Finnair Plus
- 10,176 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 6,702 Avios + 140 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 6,702 Avios + 72 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 6,702 Avios + 250 TP on Iberia Plus
- 6,702 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 6,702 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
- 6,702 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 6,702 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 6,702 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 6,702 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 6,702 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 5,590 Kilometers on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 5,590 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 4,020 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 4,020 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 3,474 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 3,474 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 3,474 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 3,474 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 3,474 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 3,474 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 3,474 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 3,474 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 3,474 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 3,474 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 3,474 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 3,474 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 3,472 Award Miles + 4 XP on FlyingBlue
- 3,472 Miles on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,352 Award Miles + 30 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 3,352 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 3,352 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 3,352 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
When booking hotels, one shouldn’t just take the cheapest price, but also use some coupons and promotions. Here’s an overview of current deals:
Source: Flynous – Thanks!
Cover Picture: ©mariusltu - stock.adobe.com