Business class deals from Oneworld airlines are usually a little cheaper if different departure airports are combined in the form of an open-jaw flight. This is also the case with the deals from France and the Netherlands to the USA. There are regular trips starting at roughly €1,150 to various destinations on the east or west coast of the United States.
If you book an open-jaw flight instead, you can save another €150-250. For example, the routing
Amsterdam - Seattle | Seattle - Paris can be booked for €988.
By the way, British Airways is using the new Club Suite Business Class on more and more routes. Alternatively, you can also fly with American Airlines.
Fortunately, British Airways has relatively generous goodwill rules. You can simply cancel the trip and receive a voucher that can be redeemed for flights until September 2023. However, if you change your booking, the fare difference will apply. You can read the rules here on the BA website. With American, rebooking is also possible without a rebooking fee, but canceling the flight is not possible there.
The possibilities are endless, so here are just a few examples:
- Amsterdam – Philadelphia | Philadelphia – Nice at €900
- Amsterdam – Seattle | Seattle – Nice at €938
- Amsterdam – Miami | Miami – Nice at €938
- Amsterdam – Chicago | Chicago – Paris at €960
- Amsterdam – Los Angeles | New York – Paris at €987
- Amsterdam – San Francisco | San Francisco – Paris at €988
- Amsterdam – Seattle | Seattle – Paris at €988
- Amsterdam – Dallas | Dallas – Paris at €988
- Amsterdam – San Francisco | San Diego – Paris at €1,023
- Amsterdam – Los Angeles | Los Angeles – Paris at €1,037
- and many more…
The long haul can be flown with British Airways, American Airlines or partly even Finnair. British Airways mainly uses Boeing 777s with the new Club Suite. We were able to test the convincing seats (on board an A350) on a trip within Europe – here is the review:
Search & Book
Unfortunately, we cannot tell you how long the deals will be available. It is best to book as soon as possible if you are interested in this deal.
There’s availability until June 2022. The minimum stay requirement is of 6 days or one night from Saturday to Sunday.
You can use Google Flights (instructions) to search for available dates. The best thing to do is to first look for cheap tickets from the Netherlands or France to the USA and then simply change the whole thing to a multi-stop connection.
Then it should look something like this:
After selecting the exact flight connections, you can then let Google redirect you to British Airways or American. Unfortunately, this does not always work reliably, so you may have to use the airlines’ multi-stop search manually.
The tickets are issued in booking class I. If you fly to Seattle as in the screenshot above (long-haul op. by American Airlines), you can count on the following number of miles to be credited to your account:
- 23,108 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 21,020 Points on Finnair Plus
- 17,226 Award Miles + 16,079 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 15,455 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 15,455 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 15,455 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 14,360 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 13,687 Avios + 1,190 TP on Iberia Plus
- 13,687 Avios + 360 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 13,063 Award Miles + 150 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 13,061 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 13,061 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 13,061 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 11,966 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 10,669 Qmiles + 80 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 10,669 Award Miles + 21,438 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 1,419 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 1,095 Miles on LATAM Pass
The number of miles can still be optimized significantly by flying e.g.
AMS - LHR - HEL - MIA - LAX - MIA - HEL - LHR - CDG. You’d get 800 Tier Points and 23,700 Avios for this routing.
Information & Tips for USA
The USA offers many sights, natural wonders and cultural significance. Thanks to numerous airlines offering flights across the Atlantic, it is always pretty inexpensive to get there. Alternatively, you can also cross the Atlantic by boat.
Immigration, ESTA & Visa Requirements
The USA has one of the strictest entry regulations in the world. Most EU citizens, among others, are lucky to be able to participate in the so-called Visa Waiver Program. If you get an electronic entry permit (ESTA) for about €12, you don’t need a visa for entry.
The Best Time to Visit
Due to its sheer size, the perfect time to visit the USA varies greatly from region to region. In winter, Florida is very popular due to the mild temperatures. In the summer the West and East Coasts are flooded by tourists which drives up the prices for hotels and flights and during the Indian Summer in late autumn New England is a very popular destination. The hurricane season between July and September can be dangerous in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida and the southern states are regularly struck by these tropical storms. Blizzards occur from the East Coast to the Midwest during the winter months and regularly put air traffic and public life on hold.
The US dollar is widely used throughout the world and accepted as a currency in most tourist hotspots worldwide. That being said, carrying cash isn’t necessary in the US, all you need is a credit card! These are very common in the USA and are accepted pretty much everywhere without any issues. If you already have a credit card in your wallet, you should make sure that it does not charge a foreign currency fee if possible. Carrying a few dollars in cash doesn’t hurt though. You might need cash e.g. for the bus ticket if you want to buy it directly from the driver. Most of the time you even have to give exact change.
→ All Dealz for USA