Oneworld members American Airlines, British Airways, and Iberia are currently selling business class flights from Athens to the USA at a nice price. Especially American Airlines’ nonstop flights to Philadelphia and Chicago at only €1,387 are very attractive. There’s high availability from July 2021 onward, as long as you fly on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
Here are some of the various destinations that you could fly to:
- Philadelphia: €1,387 (nonstop)
- Chicago: €1,387 (sometimes nonstop)
- Baltimore / Washington DC: €1,391
- Miami: €1,391
- New York: €1,403
- Boston: €1,426
You’d usually fly directly to Chicago or Philadelphia and then continue to your final destination – all flights operated by American Airlines. The other options that you may have are flying via London or Madrid. You can expect a spacious seat that converts into a fully flat bed on the long-haul flights. Furthermore, you can bring 2 x 32 kg of luggage.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
By the way, this isn’t our only deal from Athens:
Search & Book
The fare rules state that you need to depart from Athens from Tuesday to Thursday and fly back from Monday to Wednesday. The only other restriction is that your trip needs to include a Sunday. You can find these prices on all dates that respect those conditions from June onward.
You can find the specific dates and prices on Google Flights and then simply book the flights on British Airways’ website. Feel free to use our tool above – it will redirect you to British Airways’ booking site.
American Airlines issues these tickets in booking class I. The British Airways Executive Club will credit you a total of 280 Tier Points for the long-haul flights. Each American domestic flight should get you another 40 Tier Points. Flying from Athens to London Heathrow would get you 80 Tier Points in each direction, so if you’re looking for a mileage run, this is your chance.
Other than that, you’ll also have the following options (based on a nonstop roundtrip to Chicago):
- 26,310 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 21,920 Points on Finnair Plus
- 16,350 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 16,350 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 16,350 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 16,350 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 16,350 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 13,620 Avios + 280 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 13,620 Award Miles + 1,000 Tier Miles on Iberia Plus
- 13,620 Award Miles + 150 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 13,620 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 13,620 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 13,620 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 10,900 Qmiles + 60 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
To give you a second example, here’s what to expect if flying to Miami via Philadelphia:
- 29,150 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 24,290 Points on Finnair Plus
- 18,110 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 18,110 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 18,110 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 18,110 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 18,110 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 15,600 Award Miles + 200 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 15,090 Avios + 360 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 15,090 Award Miles + 1,230 Tier Miles on Iberia Plus
- 15,090 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 15,090 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 15,090 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 12,070 Qmiles + 80 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
Information & Tips for USA
The USA offers many sights, natural wonders and cultural significance. Thanks to numerous airlines offering flights across the Atlantic, it is always pretty inexpensive to get there. Alternatively, you can also cross the Atlantic by boat.
Immigration, ESTA & Visa Requirements
The USA has one of the strictest entry regulations in the world. Most EU citizens, among others, are lucky to be able to participate in the so-called Visa Waiver Program. If you get an electronic entry permit (ESTA) for about €12, you don’t need a visa for entry.
The Best Time to Visit
Due to its sheer size, the perfect time to visit the USA varies greatly from region to region. In winter, Florida is very popular due to the mild temperatures. In the summer the West and East Coasts are flooded by tourists which drives up the prices for hotels and flights and during the Indian Summer in late autumn New England is a very popular destination. The hurricane season between July and September can be dangerous in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida and the southern states are regularly struck by these tropical storms. Blizzards occur from the East Coast to the Midwest during the winter months and regularly put air traffic and public life on hold.
The US dollar is widely used throughout the world and accepted as a currency in most tourist hotspots worldwide. That being said, carrying cash isn’t necessary in the US, all you need is a credit card! These are very common in the USA and are accepted pretty much everywhere without any issues. If you already have a credit card in your wallet, you should make sure that it does not charge a foreign currency fee if possible. Carrying a few dollars in cash doesn’t hurt though. You might need cash e.g. for the bus ticket if you want to buy it directly from the driver. Most of the time you even have to give exact change.
All Dealz for USA