The Lufthansa Group has started a new companion sale this week. You know the drill: If you book for at least two passengers, you’ll get heavily discounted tickets to worldwide destinations.
This time, you can fly with Lufthansa, Swiss, and Austrian to e.g. Dubai for €903, to Nairobi for €990, or to Bangkok for €1,049 (price pp for a trip with two passengers). There’s availability until March 2022.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
Here’s an overview of all destinations on Lufthansa’s and Swiss’ landing page:
We’ve once again looked for the most interesting destinations. The following prices are per person for a roundtrip with two passengers:
- Nur-Sultan at €799
- Almaty at €800
- Mumbai at €997
- Delhi at €999
- Bangkok at €1,049
- Bangalore, India at €1,150
- Chennai, India at €1,149
- Hong Kong at €1,152
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at €1,249
- Singapore at €1,252
- Jakarta at €1,357
- Dubai at €903
The landing pages also list some other destinations such as Phuket or Seoul, but we couldn’t find any available dates for those.
By the way, there’s also a similar sale for France, with possible departure airports being e.g. Strasbourg, Lyon, and Paris:
You would always fly to Frankfurt, Munich, or Zurich, from where you’d be flown to your final destination on a long-haul plane.
Search & Book
The flights can be booked until May 6, 2021. Your flight merely needs to depart before March 31, 2022 and your trip needs to be at least 5 days (or a Sunday) long. You can find available dates on Google Flights before booking through one of the following landing pages:
Using the Lufthansa Landingpage
On the companion sale’ landing page, you’ll find a search form near the top. Simply select your route, preferred dates, and at least two passengers, e.g. like this:
You can then select the exact flights and book them.
Using the Lufthansa Homepage
You can also simply go to Lufthansa.com Then, additionally to the travel info, click on I have an access code. The code for this companion sale is
LGPARTYOF2. Enter that code in that field:
You can then book the flights as usual.
Sadly, not all destinations can be booked on Swiss’ website. Booking there, however, is really easy. Simply enter the desired route and number of passengers on Swiss.com and then book as usual.
On the Swiss landing page, there’s even a calendar near the bottom. Once you’ve selected a destination, all available dates will be highlighted in gold and can be directly be booked.
There is no question that Lufthansa’s and SWISS’ premium cabins are among the upper half worldwide. Our author Dennis tried both business class products – you can get a glimpse of what you can expect here:
The tickets are issued in booking class P. To give you an example, a Lufthansa roundtrip to Buenos Aires via Frankfurt would get you:
- 24,600 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 18,140 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 15,790 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 14,540 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 14,510 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 14,510 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 14,510 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 14,510 Award Miles + 2,900 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 10,160 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 4,700 Award Miles + 15,790 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 210 Miles on Asia Miles
Flying Swiss to Bangkok via Zurich, to give you a second example, would get you this:
- 19,700 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 14,520 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 12,850 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 12,450 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 12,250 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 12,250 Miles on Asiana Club
- 11,620 Award Miles + 2,320 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 11,620 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 11,620 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 11,620 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 11,620 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 11,620 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 11,620 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 11,620 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 11,620 Miles on South African Voyager
- 11,620 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 11,620 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 8,130 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 5,870 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 4,000 Award Miles + 12,750 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 370 Miles on Asia Miles