SkyTeam member KLM is offering cheap flights to Cape Town from Riga, Oslo, Lisbon, and Helsinki. Prices start at only €383. Nevertheless, unless you are a SkyTeam status holder, luggage would cost you another €80.
These tickets are fully refundable thanks to KLM’s coronavirus flexibility policy, as long as you fly in 2021
There’s availability until March 2022, except in early August, in October, and the Christmas holidays.
You can fly from the following cities:
KLM uses a Boeing 777 for its flights to Cape Town. You can bring 12 kg of hand luggage into KLM’s plane.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
Search & Book
This deal expires on August 2, 2021. Until then, you can book flights that take place before June 23, 2021, or from August 22 until December 13, 2021, as well as from January 1 until March 30, 2022. Your trip has to be at least 4 days long (or include a Sunday).
Once you’ve selected your preferred dates in our calendar above, you will be redirected to KLM’s booking site. Our calendar, however, only shows trips of up to 4 weeks. Should you wish to stay even longer, you can check the availability on Google Flights.
The tickets can be changed without having to pay a rebooking fee. However, the fare difference will have to be paid. You can also get a free refund as a voucher if you wish to cancel your booking, which then can be fully refunded.
The tickets are issued in booking class L for the short flights to Amsterdam, and G for the long-haul flights to Cape Town. Departing from Helsinki, you can roughly expect the following number of miles:
- 5,398 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 5,094 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 3,956 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 3,956 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 3,956 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 3,956 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 3,956 Award Miles + 13,928 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,908 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 3,408 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 3,354 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 3,354 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 3,354 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 3,354 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 3,354 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 3,354 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 3,354 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 3,164 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,522 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 1,240 Award Miles + 34 XP on FlyingBlue
- 600 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Information & Tips for Cape Town
Cape Town is the second largest – but touristically more relevant – city in South Africa and especially known for the Table Mountain and the beaches in the south. The city is well-connected to Europe and the rest of Africa by air travel.
Compared to Johannesburg, flights to Cape Town are pretty much always more expensive. A good price is €500 – €600 for a round trip ticket in economy class. Anything under €500 can be considered a good deal, occasionally you can find fares around €400, although without checked luggage for the most part.
The Best Time to Visit
The ideal time to visit Cape Town is during the summer from the end of January until the end of April; the hottest temperatures are from December to February, although it is very windy during this time.
From the Airport to the City
Due to high crime rates, it is not recommended taking a bus or other forms of public transport in the regions surrounding the airport. A taxi from the airport to the city centre costs about €18 to €25, an Uber is a good alternative and costs about half of that.
→ All Dealz for Cape Town
Cover Picture: © shotsstudio