SkyTeam member KLM is offering cheap flights to Cape Town from Riga and Helsinki. Prices start at only €376. Nevertheless, unless you are a SkyTeam status holder, luggage would cost you another €80. There’s availability until June and in September and November. These tickets are fully refundable thanks to KLM’s coronavirus flexibility policy.
KLM uses a Boeing 777 for its flights to Cape Town. You can bring 12 kg of hand luggage into KLM’s plane. The flights between Riga and Amsterdam are operated by Air Baltic, but the conditions stay the same.
Search & Book
This deal expires on March 18, 2021. Until then, you can fly from February until June 23, as well as from August 22 until November 30. Your trip has to be at least 4 days long (or include a Sunday).
Once you’ve selected your preferred dates in our calendar above, you will be redirected to KLM’s booking site. Our calendar, however, only shows trips of up to 4 weeks. Should you wish to stay even longer, you can check the availability on Google Flights.
The tickets can be changed without having to pay a rebooking fee. However, the fare difference will have to be paid. You can also get a free refund as a voucher if you wish to cancel your booking, which then can be fully refunded.
The tickets are issued in booking class L for the short flights to Amsterdam, and G for the long-haul flights to Cape Town. Departing from Helsinki, you can roughly expect the following number of miles:
- 5,390 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 5,090 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 3,950 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 3,950 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 3,950 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 3,950 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 3,950 Award Miles + 13,920 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,900 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 3,400 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 3,350 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 3,350 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 3,350 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 3,350 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 3,350 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 3,350 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 3,350 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 3,160 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,520 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 600 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 0 Award Miles + 30 XP on FlyingBlue
Information & Tips for Cape Town
Cape Town is the second largest – but touristically more relevant – city in South Africa and especially known for the Table Mountain and the beaches in the south. The city is well-connected to Europe and the rest of Africa by air travel.
Compared to Johannesburg, flights to Cape Town are pretty much always more expensive. A good price is €500 – €600 for a round trip ticket in economy class. Anything under €500 can be considered a good deal, occasionally you can find fares around €400, although without checked luggage for the most part.
The Best Time to Visit
The ideal time to visit Cape Town is during the summer from the end of January until the end of April; the hottest temperatures are from December to February, although it is very windy during this time.
From the Airport to the City
Due to high crime rates, it is not recommended taking a bus or other forms of public transport in the regions surrounding the airport. A taxi from the airport to the city centre costs about €18 to €25, an Uber is a good alternative and costs about half of that.
All Dealz for Cape Town
Cover Picture: © shotsstudio