Departing from Oslo, SkyTeam members Air France and KLM are currently selling cheap flights to Bangkok, Thailand starting at €400 (~NOK 4,114). There’s availability until November 2021. Since both airlines allow free cancellations and full refunds for all flights prior to December 2021, this might be a good opportunity to save money.
This price is a light fare. If you wish to bring a piece of luggage, you either have to hold a SkyTeam frequent flyer status or book the standard fare for roughly €75 more. Thus, prices for flights that include a 23 kg luggage allowance start at €475 (~NOK 4,886).
Currently, Thailand requires travelers to quarantine at an approved government facility for 14 days, as well as to present a negative RT-PCR test, not older than 72 hours. Furthermore, you need to show proof of medical insurance that will cover COVID-19 costs in Thailand for at least US$100,000 (~€84,093). Additionally, you need to apply for a certificate of entry and install the ThailandPlus app. All of this could, however, change at a later date.
In case you have to cancel your flights for whatever reason, you are entitled to a full refund as a voucher when booking directly on Air France or KLM’s website. This is part of the airlines’ good will policy for trips that start in 2021. If you select flight dates in 2022, the fare becomes non-refundable.
Our availability calendar shows all possible flight dates at the lowest fare for trips up to four weeks. It will forward you to Air France’s booking site with your preselected flight dates:
The flights have a layover in either Amsterdam or Paris. The long-haul flights are Boeing 777 services. The legroom on the long-haul is roughly 79 cm in 3-4-3 seating with both airlines.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
By the way, this isn’t our only economy class deal from Oslo:
Search & Book
This deal is valid until July 5, 2021. There’s a minimum stay requirement of 4 days (or a Sunday), and availability seems to be limited to flight dates before December 15 (and a few non-refundable dates in March 2022). The flights are also roughly €10 more expensive during the summer.
The long-haul tickets are issued in booking class X, while the short-haul tickets are issued in booking class L.
- 3,610 Award Miles + 13,030 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,460 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 3,030 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 3,030 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 1,590 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 1,340 Award Miles + 30 XP on FlyingBlue
- 1,170 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 1,150 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 1,150 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 1,000 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 920 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 720 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 720 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 720 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 720 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 720 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 720 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 720 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 720 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 720 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 650 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
Information & Tips for Bangkok
Bangkok is both the capital and the largest metropolis of Southeast Asian Thailand. We often have reasonable offers to share with you. No matter if in Economy, Business or First Class – you can almost always find bargains for flights to Bangkok! Also, even luxurious 5-star hotels are available at excellent prices. Just some reasons why you shouldn’t miss Bangkok!
From the airport to the city center
Suvarnabhumi Airport is connected to the city center by train. Trains run between 06:00 and 23:59 approximately every 15 minutes and the journey takes 24 minutes. A taxi ride costs about 400 Baht and takes, depending on the traffic, 30 minutes to more than an hour.
→ All Dealz for Bangkok