Oneworld member Iberia offers discounted business class rides from various German and Italian cities, as well as Brussels to Cuban capital Havana. The cheapest tickets start at €1,225 with departure from Venice. All trips require a change of planes in Madrid. Tickets are available in late summer and autumn 2021, with the last trips at the lowest fare available at the end of November.
Iberia has some of the worst Covid-19 refund policies out there, as your way to a might require things like an actual Covid-19 infection. Therefore, we strongly suggest booking via ba.com, where you get a voucher if you want or need to cancel your flight.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
Availabilities are pretty good from July through November 2021. Not all possible departure cities get daily service from Iberia, so you might have to search a little longer in some cases.
- Venice at €1,225
- Bologna at €1,228
- Naples at €1,317
- Rome at €1,232
- Brussels at €1,353
- Hamburg at €1,361
- Berlin at €1,362
Iberia plans to use Airbus A330 aircraft between Madrid and Havana. You can expect fully reclinable lie-flat-seats in a 1-2-1 pattern. This layout is very similar to the Airbus A340-600 business class cabin, which we reviewed here.
Search & Book
Tickets at this fare are sold until June 28, 2021 for departures before November 30, 2021. Your inbound flight may arrive later.
Iberia issues tickets for all flight segments in booking class I. A roundtrip from Rome will get you the following accrual:
- 24,580 Award Miles + 13,650 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 21,980 Points on Finnair Plus
- 16,390 Avios + 360 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 16,390 Avios + 1,230 TP on Iberia Plus
- 13,650 Qmiles + 80 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 13,650 Award Miles + 170 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 13,650 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 13,650 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 13,650 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 13,650 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 13,650 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 13,650 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 7,640 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 2,060 Award Miles + 3,300 EQMs on American AAdvantage