Hertz and its loyalty program Gold Plus Rewards have been offering a status match for quite some time now. If you’re holding an elite tier with another rental car company, you might be able to upgrade your status with Hertz to Five Star or even President’s Circle.
Unfortunately, Hertz only seems to match your status if it’s from Avis, National, or Enterprise. Other rental car companies such as Sixt won’t be considered.
Follow our step-by-step instruction to get your current status matched.
- Sign up for Gold Plus Rewards
To request the match, you first have to become a member. So visit the website and register for the program. If you’re already a member, obviously you can skip this step.
- Get your documents ready
Of course, Hertz wants to see some kind of proof that you’re really holding status with another program. The best way to do so is to copy your current card. Or take a screenshot from your account, showing your status level. Also, Hertz seems to ask for some form of ID (e.g., driver’s license)
- Request the match
Fill out the form on the right side of the landing page, stating your membership number as well as the proof of status and your ID. If you don’t feel comfortable sending your ID, just try to request the match without attaching this document.
- Wait for an answer
Now, lean back and wait. When we tested the status match, it took around 15 minutes until our new tier showed up online. So apparently, Hertz is really trying to provide fast feedback. But it might take a little longer in some cases, we’re assuming.
Until now, we’ve heard of the following match request being successful:
- Enterprise Plus Silver -> Five Star
- Avis Preferred Plus –> Five Star
- Avis President -> President Circle
- National Emerald Executive Elite -> President Circle
We would be happy to hear from you in the comment section, in case your request has been approved, or if you’ve had any problems, you’d like others to know about.
Hertz Five Star
- One-car-class upgrades at participating locations (subject to availability)
- 25% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards points
- Choose any vehicle in the Five Star section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice lot
Hertz President’s Circle
- Confirmed one-car-class upgrades at participating locations
- 50% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards points
- Dedicated customer service phone number
- Choose any vehicle in the President’s Circle section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice lot
Hertz is not the most famous and best represented rental car company in Europe. While you’ll find them in some countries, they hardly operate in others. So this match might not be that interesting if you live simewhere without any Hertz stations near you. But you’ll find a lot in Canada and the USA. So if you’re planning your next vacation there, this match is definitely worth it!