Most of us are looking for ways to obtain frequent flyer status. Free lounge access and priority services are benefits that make it worthwhile to become a travel-VIP. But of course, there is a good reason why not all of us manage to achieve this goal. You have to fly to reach elite status. Typically a lot.
Malaysian Airlines latest promotion seems to offer a solution to this problem. At least for some of us. Namely, those who are planning on traveling from London to Southeast Asia, Australia or New Zealand in the carrier’s business class or Business Suite.
The airline’s fast track will allow you to reach Enrich Gold (and consequetly Oneworld Sapphire) with just one round-trip. The offer is only valid for flights booked until September 16th. And more conditions have to be met.
Terms & Conditions
- You have to be a member of the Enrich program and purchase a return flight from London to Australia, New Zealand, or Southeast Asia in Business Suite or Business Class. Depending on the destination, the booking class may vary (see screenshot below)
- You have to book your flight until September 16th and travel has to commence between now and June 30th, 2020.
- Once you met the requirements, you will be upgraded to Enrich Gold within 14 days.
- Members that already have obtained the Enrich Gold or Platinum level are entitled to 50,000 elite miles if they book a flight under the mentioned conditions.
- See the full list of terms and conditions.
The offer sounds great. At least at first. But if you take a closer look, you’ll realize that it might not be the easiest way to obtain Oneworld Sapphire status. First of all, business class flights to Australia and Down Under will get you close to BA’s Executive Club Silver tier as well. And since Malaysia Airlines restricted this deal to certain booking classes, even the flights to Southeast Asia might be unappealing.
So, if you’re traveling Malaysia Airlines to one of the mentioned destinations anyway, go for it! The offer is straightforward and can be a real fast track. But we wouldn’t recommend going out of your way just to become Enrich Gold member. There are easier (and probably cheaper) ways. Like this one.
You don’t think you will be able to take part in this challenge but still, want to become a Oneworld elite member? Then check out this article:
Source: Insideflyer – Thanks!
Cover Picture: © Malaysia Airlines