The British Airways Executive Club is running a great promotion right now. Save up to 50% on British Airways award bookings, depending on the cabin class you are going for. More specifically you can save 50% on World Traveller and World Traveller Plus and 10% on Club World and First Class cabin classes.
The promotion expires November 21, 2019. Travel has to be done until April 30, 2020. There is no extra registration needed. Just book your reward flights and the required Avios will automatically be adjusted if all requirements are met.
Availability may vary or there may be no availability at all for certain routes including Sydney, Miami, Sao Paulo, Calgary, Cape Town, Male, Mauritius and Punta Cana, as pointed out in the terms and conditions.
How valuable is this promotion?
That depends on what your requirements are. If you like or need to book flexible tickets, you will definitely have a huge advantage booking your flights as award tickets. But if you don’t care about flexibility, you may be better off booking a cheap fare during a British Airways sale as the taxes & surcharges are extremely high with British Airways award flights.
The more premium your desired cabin class, the more attractive the award booking gets. However the discount is only 10% in premium cabin classes, so potential savings are pretty small. Therefore I don’t see a reason to rush booking an award ticket as part of this promotion.
Terms and conditions
- Book directly with British Airways (BA) between 7 November 2019 and 21 November 2019 for travel between 7 November 2019 and 30 April 2020. This offer applies to both peak and off-peak Avios prices and can be booked by any British Airways Executive Club member logged into their account and with a sufficient Avios balance.
- The required amount of Avios for reward flights in the economy (World Traveller) and premium economy (World Traveller Plus) Cabins, travelling to or from London Heathrow or London Gatwick will be reduced by 50%. Avios and Money bookings are included in the offer, but only the Avios will be discounted by 50%.
- The required amount of Avios for reward flights in the business (Club World) and First Cabins, travelling to or from London Heathrow or London Gatwick will be reduced by 10%. Avios & Money bookings are included in the offer, but only the Avios will be discounted by 10%.
- The 50% discount set out in clause 2 is available on direct one-way and return British Airways operated flights in the economy (World Traveller) and premium economy (World Traveller Plus) cabins only.
- The 10% discount set out in clause 3 is available on direct one-way and return British Airways operated flights in the business (Club World) and First cabins only.
- Example Avios prices shown are for a return journey on off-peak dates.
- The relevant savings will appear after you have chosen your flights and will be relative to your Avios balance.
- The full airline taxes, fees and Carrier charges will apply per person, per flight and payment must be made in full at the time of booking. For example, $354.11 (£273.55) for Boston to London Heathrow, and £264.32 ($342.16) for London Heathrow to Boston.Payment by cheque is not accepted.
- Bookings made over the telephone will carry a non-refundable £15 (UK) or $25 (USA) offline booking fee per person per ticket. For the full list of Reward flight booking and service fees visit ba.com.
- All flights are subject to the notice and conditions of contract contained on each ticket or itinerary, the Executive Club Terms and Conditions and British Airways conditions of carriage apply.
- Reward flights are strictly subject to availability which may be very limited or not available at all on some routes including Sydney, Miami, Sao Paulo, Calgary, Cape Town, Male, Mauritius and Punta Cana. Reward flights may not be available on some dates.
- This offer is open to all British Airways Executive Club Members and does not require additional registration.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or deal, including but not limited to industry discounted fares (including agency, industry, employee discounts) inclusive holidays, group discount fares, child/infant fares or senior citizen fares, whether or not booked in one of the qualifying classes, bookings made with any other vouchers, travel class upgrades and any British Airways staff friends and family offers (for example, Hotlines). Discounts cannot be used retrospectively. This promotion applies only to new bookings made between 7 November 2019 and 21 November 2019.
- No cash or credit alternative is available.
- British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this offer and any tickets or vouchers issued at offer prices in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of British Airways.
- The promoter of this offer is British Airways Plc, Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777. Offer materials form part of these terms and conditions. This offer is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.