Etihad Airways is selling its flights to Zanzibar at a discounted price if you depart from Brussels, Munich, or Frankfurt. Prices start at merely €429, including 23 kg of luggage! If you book through an OTA, you can even fly for merely €388. There’s availability in November, December, and January – not during the Christmas holidays, though.
If you cannot start the trip as planned, you have the following options:
- Cancellation and getting the flight price as credit for future Etihad flights
- Rebooking to other dates and/or another route without a rebooking fee. If the original booking class is available, you should not have to pay the price difference.
More information is available at EtihadHub.com.
Our calendar shows all available dates for trips of 3 to 21 days. You can then either be redirected to Etihad’s website (safer) or search for the cheapest OTA on our Travel-Dealz flight search to save roughly €40.
Normally, you’ll fly to Abu Dhabi on board a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, from where an Airbus A320 will fly you to Zanzibar.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, tickets are on sale until January 31, 2022 for trips from November 2, 2021 – December 13, 2021, as well as in January 2022. The minimum stay requirement is 3 days. Furthermore, your stay cannot exceed 3 months. The tickets have to be booked at least 5 days before departure.
Our calendar above displays all available dates for trips of 3 to 21 days. Should you want to stay even longer, you can check out all available dates on Google Flights. To book the flights, either go directly to Etihad’s website or use our Travel-Dealz flight search to find the cheapest OTA price and save roughly €40.
The tickets are issued in booking class E. Flying from Brussels, you can expect the following number of miles:
- 8,962 Miles on Hainan Fortune Wings Club
- 5,570 Award Miles + 5,568 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 5,568 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 5,568 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 5,568 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 5,568 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 5,568 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 5,568 Miles on Asiana Club
- 2,786 Miles on South African Voyager
- 2,786 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 2,786 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 2,786 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 2,786 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 2,786 Miles on Oman Air Sindbad
- 2,786 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 1,606 Points on SAS EuroBonus
Feel free to find out what your individual routing would get you, using our mileage calculator:
Information & Tips for Zanzibar
The Zanzibar archipelago with its main island Unguja lies in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa and belongs to Tanzania. Zanzibar is especially known for its beautiful beaches and as an inexpensive alternative to the Maldives. The UNESCO World Heritage Site Stone Town with its buildings made of light coral limestone and mangrove wood in the 19th century is also worth a visit.
The Best Time to Visit
Zanzibar is relatively close to the equator and therefore the climate is tropical. Due to the south-west and north-east monsoon there are two rainy seasons per year between the end of March and the end of May and in November and December. Temperatures average 27 °C with maximums just above 30 °C and nightly temperatures not below 20 °C. During the two rainy seasons the humidity can be very unpleasant. Therefore, the ideal travel time is between the beginning of June and the end of September as well as in January and February. In general, however, you can visit Zanzibar all year round.
Immigration & Visa Requirements
With most EU passports (must be valid for at least 6 months on departure) a visa is required for Tanzania. You can apply for the visa either in advance at an embassy or as a Visa on Arrival for a fee of $50 when entering the country at the Zanzibar International Airport. The fee can only be paid by credit card.
In addition, depending on the airline, an exit fee or tax may be payable on departure from Zanzibar International Airport. For some airlines the departure tax is already included in the airfare.
→ All Dealz for Zanzibar
Cover Picture: © Natalya Ovchinnikova - fotolia.com