Etihad Airways is selling flights to Colombo, Sri Lanka for merely €484 from Munich, as well as for €507 from Paris. You can also fly for €529 from Munich if that suits you better. What these fares have in common: 23 kg of luggage are included.
If you cannot start the trip as planned, you have the following options:
- Cancellation and getting the flight price as credit for future Etihad flights
- Rebooking to other dates and / or another route without having to pay a rebooking fee. If the original booking class is available, you also won’t have to pay the price difference
More information is available at EtihadHub.com.
Our calendar displays all available dates for trips of up to 28 days. You can either book on Etihad’s website (safer), or save roughly €40 by booking through Skyscanner (cheaper).
You’d first fly to Abu Dhabi, usually on board a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. From there, an Etihad Airbus A321 will take you to Colombo.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, tickets are on sale until January 17, 2022 for trips during the following travel periods:
- Before December 15, 2021
- January 1, 2022 – April 1, 2022
- April 5, 2022 – April 8, 2022
- April 12, 2022 – July 15, 2022
- After July 31, 2022
The minimum stay requirement is 4 days (or a Sunday). Furthermore, your stay cannot exceed 4 months. The tickets have to be booked at least 3 days before departure.
Our availability calendar above shows all available dates for trips up to 28 days. For longer trips, you can check the availability on Google Flights. You can either book the flights directly on Etihad’s website, or save some money by searching for the cheapest price on Skyscanner.
The tickets are issued in booking class E. To give you an example, flying from Paris would get you:
- 8,550 Miles on Hainan Fortune Wings Club
- 5,316 Award Miles + 5,314 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 5,314 Miles on Asiana Club
- 5,314 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 5,314 Miles on Oman Air Sindbad
- 5,314 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 5,314 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 5,314 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 5,314 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 2,658 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 2,658 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 2,658 Miles on South African Voyager
- 2,658 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 1,632 Points on SAS EuroBonus
Feel free to check how many miles your program would give you for your personal routing and status:
Information & Tips for Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka, officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia, located in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of the Bay of Bengal and the southeast of the Arabian Sea. The island is geographically separated from the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait. The legislative capital, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, is a suburb of the commercial capital and largest city, Colombo.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit the west and south coasts and hill country is from December to March, while the best weather on the east coast is from April/May to September.
Visa & Entry
EU citizens will need a visa to enter Sri Lanka. This can be obtained at arrival or in advance. And it is free of charge.
→ All Dealz for Sri Lanka
Cover Picture: © mbrand85 - stock.adobe.com