Oneworld member British Airways sells discounted roundtrip tickets in their European business class Club Europe. Flight from and to London start at £154 (~€181). All flights include 2 checked bags up to 23 kg. Also, great during these times – the seat next to you remains free!
These flights also count as a Mileage Run – to some destinations, you can earn up to 160 tier points in British Airways Executive Club for a roundtrip, a good portion of what is needed to gain Oneworld Sapphire status. With availabilities until March 2022, there are surely a couple of bargains to be made.
Not all destinations are still available at these prices.
We found discounted business class flights to or from the following European that will earn you 160 TP:
- Sofia at £179 (~€211)
- Tirana at £194 (~€228)
- Athens at £206 (~€242)
- Bucharest at £205 (~€241)
- Catania at £236 (~€278)
- Lanzarote at £257 (~€302)
- Istanbul at £266 (~€313)
Apart from those, there are many more cheap destinations available, starting with Aberdeen at £152 (~€179). These give only 80 TP, but are still worth looking at. You can find all possible destinations, availabilities and prices with BA’s best price search.
In most cases, you can fly the roundtrip in either direction and roughly end up paying the same price.
British Airways’ short haul fleet of Airbus A320 family aircraft will operate each of these flights, possible starting airports are Heathrow, Gatwick and London City airport.
Search & Book
The fare rules may differ from city to city, but it seems that this offer will remain valid until April 11, 2022. The minimum stay requirement is the first Sunday after your departure. Availability is mostly good between now and March 2022, but it varies from destination to destination.
Google Flights displays all these fares accurately. We recommend to check for travel dates with the lowest fares there (instructions). Afterwards, you can use that data to search the lowest fare on ba.com to purchase your tickets.
British Airways issues tickets in booking class I. While this results in a reasonable amount of award mileage in most Oneworld frequent flyer programs (given the short travel distance), the best thing is its Executive Club tier point output. Alternatively, you can get miles with other Oneworld programs. Here are three examples:
London – Aberdeen roundtrip:
- 2,500 Award Miles + 1,500 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 1,618 Points on Finnair Plus
- 1,500 Avios + 80 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 1,500 Avios + 150 TP on Iberia Plus
- 1,206 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 1,206 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 1,006 Qmiles + 24 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 1,006 Award Miles + 30 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 1,006 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 1,006 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 1,006 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 1,006 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 1,006 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 1,006 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 804 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
London – Sofia roundtrip:
- 6,340 Award Miles + 3,804 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 5,102 Points on Finnair Plus
- 3,804 Avios + 160 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 3,804 Avios + 230 TP on Iberia Plus
- 3,804 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 3,804 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 3,170 Qmiles + 32 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 3,170 Award Miles + 50 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 3,170 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 3,170 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 3,170 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 3,170 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 3,170 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 3,170 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 3,170 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
London – Athens roundtrip:
- 7,540 Award Miles + 4,524 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 6,066 Points on Finnair Plus
- 4,524 Avios + 160 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 4,524 Avios + 450 TP on Iberia Plus
- 4,524 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 4,524 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 3,770 Qmiles + 32 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 3,770 Award Miles + 50 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 3,770 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 3,770 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 3,770 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 3,770 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 3,770 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 3,770 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 3,770 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
British Airways’ Club Europe
British Airways’ European Business Class Club Europe can be found across their Airbus A320 family short haul fleet. It uses the exact same seats that are used in Economy Class. The main difference is that the middle seat is blocked within the usual 3-3 seating arrangement and that food and beverage services are free. Unfortunately, you still have to deal with a rather small legroom (less than 80 cm).
The main benefits of Club Europe are lounge access (if available), free meal service and generous baggage regulations (2 checked bags up to 32 kg). You can find a more detailed review of the product here.