If you’re going to be a tourist in Japan before September 30th, ANA has got a very nice promotion for you. As long as you’re not a Japanese resident, you can book ANA’s Experience JAPAN Fare, which will allow you to fly Japanese domestic roundtrips for prices starting at €96. What makes this deal particularly cheap and interesting, is that you can take 2 x 23 kg of luggage with you on these flights. Also, Japan is a very expensive country for flying, so these flights would usually cost at least twice as much.
For €96, you can fly the following routes:
- Tokyo to/from
- Odate Noshiro
- Sapporo to/from
- Nemuro Nakashibetsu
- Osaka to/from
A Tokyo to/from Osaka roundtrip would cost €137, and all other domestic routes are priced at €190.
To book these flights you may not be a Japanese resident, and need to have a valid return ticket to another country. You may be asked to present this at the check-in counter.
Search & Book
Besides the stated restrictions about your residency, the only other restriction is that the booking has to be made at least 3 days before the flight and that this promotion is valid until October 7, 2019. Our Travel-Dealz flight search will redirect you to ANA’s website, where you’ll be able to book this Experience
The tickets are issued in booking class K, which will get you the following number of miles (based on a Tokyo-Akita roundtrip as an example):
- 564 Miles on PR
- 500 Miles on Miles&More
- 282 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 282 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 272 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 170 Miles on South African Voyager
- 170 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 170 Miles on Asiana Club
- 170 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 170 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 170 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 170 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 170 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 170 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 170 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 170 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 170 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 170 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 170 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 170 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 150 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 142 Award Miles + 28 PQP on United MileagePlus
Information & Tips for Japan
Japan, the ‘land of the rising sun’, is located in the east of Asia and is one of the most popular travel destinations on the continent. Big cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto convince urban fans while ski fans get their money’s worth in Hokkaido and Tohoku.
Flights to Japan are usually a little more expensive than comparable offers to other destinations in Asia, but there are exceptions, and you can sometimes find bargains.
Best travel time
Since the country consists of many climatic zones it is hard to name a perfect time for travelling to Japan. However, summer should usually be avoided, as June is dominated by the rainy season and July and August offer sweltering temperatures with high humidity.
Most European citizens do not need a visa to enter Japan for a stay of up to 180 days if they do not want to work, study or train. Travelers that arrive under these conditions without a visa will be granted a residence permit as a “Temporary Visitor” for an initial period of 90 days upon entering the country at the airport.
→ All Dealz for Japan
Cover Picture: Johannes Kinast