Virgin Atlantic has a big Upper Class (= Business Class) sale for this year’s Black Week. From London, you can fly nonstop to many worldwide destinations starting at €1,113 – e.g. to Cape Town, Las Vegas, Barbados, or Antigua. There’s availability to most destinations until June 2021, merely Cape Town is limited to March.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
The fares are not refundable. Nevertheless, Virgin Atlantic, like many other airlines, has Coronavirus-related rebooking policies. You can rebook the flights without paying a rebooking fee. The price difference will be charged, but with a £350 (~€414) discount. Example: You bought a ticket to Cape Town for £1,000 (~€1,183) and wish to rebook it. The new flight that you’ve selected then costs £1,600 (~€1,893), so you’ll have to pay £250 (~€296) for the rebooking.
You can reach the following destinations with a nonstop flight from London:
- Cape Town at £997 (~€1,180)
- Antigua at £999 (~€1,182)
- New York at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Boston at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Washington D.C. at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Orlando at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Las Vegas at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Los Angeles at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- San Francisco at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Seattle at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Miami at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Bridgetown, Barbados at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Delhi at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Mumbai at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Lahore, Pakistan at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Islamabad, Pakistan at £1,000 (~€1,183)
- Tobago at £1,001 (~€1,184)
- Grenada at £1,001 (~€1,184)
- Johannesburg at £1,001 (~€1,184)
- Montego Bay, Jamaika at £1,003 (~€1,187)
The following destination can be reached nonstop from Manchester:
- Mumbai at £989 (~€1,170)
- Islamabad at £989 (~€1,170)
- Delhi at £989 (~€1,170)
- Barbados at £989 (~€1,170)
- New York at £994 (~€1,176)
- Los Angeles at £994 (~€1,176)
- Orlando at £994 (~€1,176)
- Atlanta at £1,294 (~€1,531)
You can also fly from Glasgow and Belfast to Orlando for £999 (~€1,182).
There are also similar prices to Hawaii and Alaska, however, obviously, not non-stop:
These destinations can be reached with a direct flight from London. Usually, it’ll be a non-stop flight, but not always. For instance, the flights to Tobago have a stop in Antigua. The stop, however, is short and you probably won’t even have to leave the plane.
Airbus A330, A350 and Boeing 787 planes are used for these routes. If you’re flying to the USA, you’ll also find these prices with SkyTeam partners KLM, Air France, and Delta. If you depart from Inverness, the price is even a bit cheaper.
Search & Book
These deals will presumably still be available until November 30, 2020. There tends to be availability until June, except for Cape Town, where availability ends in March. The inbound flight can be later, though.
Virgin Atlantic’s Business Class
Virgin Atlantic has an Upper Class with a 1-2-1 formation in its A350 and A330, or with a 1-1-1 formation in its Boeing 787. Each passenger has direct access to the aisle and a lot of privacy. The seats can, of course, also be transformed into a fully horizontal bed.
At many airports, incl. London-Heathrow, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Boston, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C., Virgin Atlantic operates its own Clubhouse lounges.
Virgin Atlantic is not a member of an airline alliance. Nevertheless, flights in booking class Z do offer a few options to earn miles. To give an example, this is what you’d get for a roundtrip to Cape Town:
- 24,062 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 24,060 Award Miles + 18,046 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 18,048 Miles on HawaiianMiles
- 18,048 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 15,040 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 15,040 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 12,030 Award Miles + 72 XP on FlyingBlue
Translated by Ditmar Lange