Portuguese Star Alliance member TAP is running a business class sale on many of its routes to North America. This means that you can fly from all over Europe to cities such as Toronto, New York, or Cancún for roughly €1,000 – sometimes even less.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
You can find these flights from April 12 until September 30, 2021. However, TAP does not fly all routes daily. For instance, they only fly to Cancún from Thursday to Saturday, do not fly to Chicago and Montreal on Wednesdays and Saturday, and only fly to San Francisco on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
Here are some of the many possible routes:
- Cancún: €916 (~CHF 1,010)
- Cancún: €1,002
- Cancún: €1,104
- Cancún: €1,102
- Cancún: €1,003
- Cancún: €1,013 (~CHF 1,117)
Other possible departure airports include Valencia, Hamburg, Marseille, Milan, and Venice (and possibly even more). You can also fly from London, but the prices from London are roughly €150 higher.
You would always first fly to Lisbon, and then continue to North America. These business class tickets include 2 pieces of luggage, as well as all the other usual business class comforts.
Search & Book
The cheap tickets are available from April 12 until September 30, 2021 with very good availability. This deal is valid until March 2, 2021. The minimum stay requirement is a night from Saturday to Sunday.
To find your preferred travel dates, we would advise using Google Flights (instructions). Please book directly with TAP after that, to avoid any problems in case of refunds or communication with the airline. You can use our search form above – it will redirect you to TAP’s booking site.
The tickets are issued in booking class J. Mileage accrual is great with this booking class. Some programs offer up to 200% credit for the distance flown. Here’s an example for a roundtrip from Barcelona to Boston:
- 16,730 Miles on Miles&More
- 15,910 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 15,210 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 15,210 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 15,210 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 15,210 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 15,210 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 15,210 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 15,210 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 15,210 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 12,930 Miles on Azul TudoAzul
- 11,400 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 11,400 Miles on Emirates Skywards
- 9,880 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 9,500 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 9,500 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 9,500 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 9,500 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 9,500 Miles on United MileagePlus
- 9,500 Miles on Asiana Club
As this is basically the shortest routing, all other routings should even get you a slightly higher number of miles.
Don’t forget to save some money when booking a hotel for your stay in North America. These are our current coupons:
Source: Luxury Flight Club