Star Alliance members SWISS and Lufthansa are currently running a first class companion sale from most Nordic countries. You can e.g. fly to Shanghai for only €1,384 per passenger – a fantastic price! The only condition: you need to buy tickets for at least 2 passengers.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
Here are some of the destinations that you could fly to (prices are per person):
You would fly business class to Zurich, and then first class on the long-haul flights. If you select a connection that is operated by Lufthansa, you’d fly via Frankfurt.
Lufthansa has decided to phase out most aircraft type that feature a First Class cabin. To make sure you can enjoy a super premium ride, you should try to book flights with SWISS via Zurich. All of SWISS’ long haul aircraft still have First Class seats installed up front.
Search & Book
You can book these companion flights until February 14, 2021. The flights then have to take place before December 10, 2021. Other than that, the main requirement is that you book for at least 2 passengers. That being said, most routes only show availability in November.
This is a partner sale – you have to purchase tickets for at least two adults to get the quoted price.
The short-haul flights between Scandinavia and Zurich/Frankfurt are issued in booking class J (as they are operated in business class), while the first class long-haul flights are issued in booking class A. You can e.g. expect the following number of miles for a Lufthansa Helsinki – Shanghai roundtrip:
- 50,424 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 37,024 Miles on Miles&More
- 37,016 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 37,016 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 36,836 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 36,836 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 36,836 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 33,016 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
- 25,840 Award Miles + 3,764 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 25,830 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 25,448 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 24,874 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 24,874 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 24,874 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 24,874 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 19,372 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 19,372 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 18,990 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 18,896 Miles on South African Voyager
- 18,896 Miles on Asiana Club
- 3,820 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
SWISS First Class
In SWISS’ first class, you’ll be served excellent food in a comfortable seat that can be turned into a
Lufthansa First Class
Lufthansa has its own terminal for First Class passengers! This and the food in Lufthansa’s First Class
The seat can be turned into a 210 cm long bed (roughly 80 cm wide) and has all the usual comforts, such as power sockets, inflight entertainment, WIFI, and so on.