Star Alliance member Singapore Airlines is offering outstandingly cheap tickets from Stockholm to many destinations in South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Prices start at €1,437 to Singapore. All connections feature a technical stop in Moscow and a layover in Singapore (if that’s not your final destination).
- Singapore from €1,437
- Kuala Lumpur from €1,481
- Bangkok from €1,486
- Phuket from €1,486
- Bali from €1,545
- Da Nang from €1,553
- Manila from €1,613
- Jakarta from €1,618
- Cebu City from €1,620
- Ho Chi Minh City from €1,623
- Hanoi from €1,628
- Auckland from €1,834
- Melbourne from €1,842
- Adelaide from €1,845
- Brisbane from €1,853
- Christchurch from €1,871
- Sydney from €1,885
A Singapore Airlines A350-900 will host you the entire way from Stockholm to Singapore (with a technical stop in Moscow!). It features fully reclinable lie-flat-seats in a 1-2-1 seating configuration. You can read a comprehensive review of the product here:
Your onward journey will be done in an Airbus A330 or Boeing 737. What you can expect in those regional business classes, you can read up here:
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, this deal is still available until March 18, 2020. The minimum stay requirement is 7 nights. The inbound flight has to commence no later than 2 months after the outbound flight. Travel times need to be between:
- March 5 to June 10, 2020
- August 15 to October 10, 2020
- October 18 to December 10, 2020
You can find your preferred travel dates with Google Flights (instructions). You can then either go ahead and book with the cheapest OTA through our Travel-Dealz search or book directly with Singapore Airlines. We would recommend the latter, here’s why:
Why is booking with an airline better than with an online travel agency?
More often than not, online travel agencies offer lower fares than airlines do. We still recommend booking with the airlines directly. There are three main reasons for that:
- The Covid-19 Pandemic
During the worldwide outbreak of Covid-19, planning international travel got more and more risky because of ever-changing restrictions. In contrast to many online travel agencies, most airlines modified their terms & conditions to become more customer friendly. Rebooking conditions are eased, change fees are waived and cancellations are much easier when there is no third party involved.
Further, by adding an OTA to your plans, you increase the risk of one service provider involved going bankrupt. Now, the airline and the online travel agency involved could vanish along with your money.
- Better Customer Service
In case any problems like delays, cancellations or missed connections arise, you can communicate directly with the airline. The airlines has to take care of you because you have a contract with them.
If a travel agency issues your ticket, you may have to reach out to them first. You also depend on your OTA to forward you information like flight changes instead receiving them directly from the airline. You may get a prime exhibition of responsibility shifting rather than problem solving.
This especially applies for premium tickets. You don’t want to spend more than €1,000 to wind up with some budget OTA’s telephone hotline in case anything goes wrong.
- Baggage Fees
Economy fares not including hold luggage are more and more common. In most cases, travel agencies charge much higher baggage fees than the airlines themselves. If bags are not included in your fare, airlines are often the cheaper alternative.
Singapore Airlines issues these tickets in booking class D. Most Star Alliance frequent flyer programs reward this flight with award mileage of at least 125% of your travel distance. Here’s an example mileage accrual with a flight to Singapore:
- 24,190 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 24,052 Award Miles + 12,026 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 18,038 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 15,032 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 15,032 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 15,032 Miles on Asiana Club
- 15,032 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 15,032 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 15,032 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 15,032 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 15,032 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 15,032 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 15,032 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 15,032 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 15,032 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 15,032 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 15,032 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 15,032 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 15,032 Miles on South African Voyager
- 15,032 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 12,026 Miles on Miles&More
- 12,026 Award Miles + 2,008 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 12,026 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 12,026 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
It always makes sense to compare prices, location and reviews when booking hotels. We would recommend utilizing our favorite hotel booking platform for that:
Also make sure to check out our hotel vouchers and coupons: