Star Alliance is once again offering nicely priced tickets for a Round-the-World trip with departure from Zurich. Starting at just €996, you can follow in the steps of Phileas Fogg (well, it won’t take you 80 days, though). Checked baggage allowance is included, and you have several options for your stopovers. Asia (e.g., Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo), New Zealand, the Cook Island, Hawaii, South America, Canada or the continental USA are on the table.
There are countless ways how you can combine your flights to connect the different continents. So you can really get creative if you wish. We’ve put together a couple of possible routings to show what this deal has to offer:
- San Francisco + Auckland + Hong Kong at €996
- Cookinseln + Auckland + Tokio at €1,067
- Los Angeles + Cookinseln + Auckland + Tokio at €1,205
Of course, you could also start by flying the other direction, namely east instead of heading west:
- Hong Kong + Auckland + San Francisco at €984
- 24h Shanghai + Auckland + Cook Island at €1,014
- Singapur + Auckland + Buenos Aires at €1,060
- Bangkok + Auckland + Honolulu at €1,111
- Shanghai + Auckland + Cookinseln + Los Angeles für €1,186
You can also skip one continent if you wish. Or just include a short layover. Unfortunately, this time we couldn’t find any offers for premium economy class flights.
Search & Book
This offer is based on a deal for Star Alliance flights departing from Zurich, which will get you to Auckland from Switzerland at prices starting as low as €600. According to the fare rule, stop-overs are not allowed. But you can add some for a surcharge. Please note that each stop-over (meaning a layover that lasts longer than 24 hours) will add around €120 to your ticket price.
The availability for this deal is pretty good all year-round. We’ve been able to find flights from February until December 2020, including most European holiday seasons. The expiration date of this deal is February 23rd, 2020. Since a Round-the-World trip includes a lot of planning, you should better get started soon, if you want to benefit from this offer.
Since you can put together flights that will get you from Europe to New Zealand via Northern America or Asia, this is a solid Round-the-World trip. Since this isn’t the every-day vacation, it definitely makes sense to include more exotic destinations such as Hawaii or the Cook Islands.
To find the cheapest connections and flights, we recommend you use Google Flights Multi-city-trip search (instructions). Afterward, you can book via United‘s website or use check out our Travel Dealz flight search.
More Great Options
While we’ve already provided you with several awesome routings, we’d like to add some more at this point. Just so you can see how endless the possibilities are:
- Zurich – Tokyo – Auckland – Vancouver – Zurich at €998
- Zurich – Bangkok – Sao Paulo – Zurich at €998
- Zurich – Singapore – Auckland – Vancouver … Calgary – Zurich at €1,006
(Vancouver – Calgary could be done via rental car or bus, for example)
- Zurich – Cancún – Auckland – Bangkok – Zurich at €1,113
- Zurich – Mexico City – Auckland – Osaka – Zurich at €1,117
- Zurich – Shanghai – Hong Kong – Auckland – Vancouver – Zurich at €1,171
- and several more…
You’d think that due to the far distances, you should be able to earn quite a few miles. But unfortunately, this is not the case. The booking classes only allow for a low earning rate.
Here’s what the example from our screenshot can get you. For other routings please see WheretoCredit.com.
- 5,950 on United MileagePlus
- 3,470 on ANA Mileage Club
- 2,890 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 2,890 on SAS EuroBonus
- 2,890 on EgyptAir Plus
- 2,890 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 2,890 on Miles & More
A special thanks goes to our editor Peer for putting together these great deals!