Virgin and its SkyTeam partners were offering business class tickets from London to the US from €1,100 since last Monday. Now, Star Alliance followed and offers reasonable business class tickets from London to the US as well. Travel is possible until June 2021.
Travel to the US is restrcited right now. Travellers from Europe are not permitted to enter the US (apart from a few exceptions). There are some rumours that the US may open again soon, but those rumours have turned out to be just that in the past.
If you have to rebook travel, all airlines are offering corona related policies. Lufthansa, United and Air Canada permit a rebooking without fees, however the fare difference will be due. This can unfortunately end up in having to pay a few hundred Euros more than initially planned. Air Canada even permits full cancellation of the tickets including the issue of a voucher in the amount of your ticket price.
- Boston for £987 (~€1,114)
- Las Vegas for £987 (~€1,114)
- Miami for £987 (~€1,114)
- Orlando for £996 (~€1,124)
- Seattle for £996 (~€1,124)
- Santa Ana for £996 (~€1,124)
- New York for £996 (~€1,124) (nonstop)
- Washington D.C. for £996 (~€1,124) (nonstop)
- San Francisco for £996 (~€1,124) (nonstop)
- Los Angeles for £996 (~€1,124) (nonstop)
- Ontario for £1,001 (~€1,130)
- Maybe more destinations!
The nonstop flights in United’s Polaris business class are surely the most interesting part of this deal. However, this nonstop flight is even cheaper (not in Polaris):
- Edinburgh – New York for £964 (~€1,088) (no Polaris)
United will operate these flights in their Boeing 767, Boeing 787 and Boeing 777. Boeing 767 and 777 mostly feature the new Polaris business class, but not in every case. Flights from Edinburg are operated in United’s Boeing 757. These aeroplanes will at least feature lie-flat business class seats.
If you are deciding for a flight with a connection, you can also fly with Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Brussels Airlines or Air Canada.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, this deal is still available until November 30, 2020 for departure flights until June 30, 2021. The minimum stay requirement is 3 nights. The inbound flight has to commence no later than 3 months after the outbound flight.
The tickets are issued in booking class P. If you are f.e. flying nonstop from London to San Francisco, this is how your mileage accrual would lool like in the various programs:
- 25,850 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 21,420 on TAP Miles & Go
- 16,060 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 13,380 on Vistara Club Vistara
- 13,380 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 10,710 on Asiana Club
- 10,710 on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 10,710 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 10,710 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 10,710 on Azul TudoAzul
- 10,710 on Miles & More
- 10,710 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 10,710 on SAS EuroBonus
- 10,710 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 10,710 on EgyptAir Plus
- 10,710 on South African Voyager
- 10,710 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 10,710 on Air India Flying Returns
- 10,710 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 10,710 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 7,490 on ANA Mileage Club
It is always advisable to compare hotel prices. We would suggest using our favourite platform booking.com for that. Please also make sure to check our hotel vouchers and coupons: