Star Alliance members Lufthansa, Swiss and All Nippon Airways are currently joining forces to bring you cheap business class flights from Amsterdam to Japanese destinations Tokyo-Narita, Tokyo-Haneda, Nagoya and Osaka.
The lowest fare ist offered by LOT Polish Airlines at €1,727 for a Amsterdam to Narita roundtrip. All other destinations cost slightly more than €1,900. Most connections feature a single layover in an European Star Alliance hub.
Only LOT’s flights remain at this price.
All itineraries start with a European short haul trip to either Warsaw, Frankfurt, Munich or Zurich. Onward flights feature LOT business class (from Warsaw), Lufthansa business class (from Frankfurt or Munich), SWISS business class (from Zurich) or ANA business class from each of these airports.
While most destinations are served nonstop from Europe, trips to Nagoya include a Japanese domestic flight in economy class.
Search & Book
According to fare rules, the joint Star Alliance fares are only available for trips lasting longer than six days, but not exceeding a month. Further, you must buy your ticket at least 60 days prior to departure. Stopovers are not permitted.
LOT’s fare rules are a bit less restrictive, with a shorter minimum stay of five days or at least one night from saturday to sunday. The maximum stay is longer as well. Stays up to one year are possible.
These fares show great availability from September 2019 through June 2020. You can check suiting flight dates through Google Flights (instructions). Score the cheapest fare by entering your dates in our flight search. Since most of these tickets are sold exclusively through Online Travel Agencies, most connections with ANA or Lufthansa can get up to €500 more expensive when booking directly at their website.
There is no expiration date for these offers, they are most likely based on availability.
LOT Polish Airlines issues tickets in booking class F. In this booking class, you can expect at least 100% of your travel distance to be credited in most Star Alliance frequent flyer programs:
- 19,420 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 18,550 on Miles & More
- 18,100 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 15,090 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 12,670 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 12,070 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 12,070 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 12,070 on EgyptAir Plus
- 12,070 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 12,070 on United MileagePlus
- 12,070 on SAS EuroBonus
- 12,070 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 12,070 on TAP Miles & Go
- 12,070 on Asiana Club
- 12,070 on ANA Mileage Club
- 12,070 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 12,070 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 12,070 on South African Voyager
If you’re flying SWISS, tickets are issued in booking class P. This booking class is very similiar to your earnings when flying LOT. The main difference is Miles&More – members will get 5,000 miles less than with LOT:
- 20,790 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 20,400 on LATAM Pass
- 15,840 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 13,520 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 13,420 on Miles & More
- 13,120 on SAS EuroBonus
- 12,920 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 12,920 on Asiana Club
- 12,670 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 12,670 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 12,670 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 12,670 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 12,670 on TAP Miles & Go
- 12,670 on South African Voyager
- 12,670 on United MileagePlus
- 12,670 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 12,670 on EgyptAir Plus
- 12,670 on Air India Flying Returns
- 8,870 on ANA Mileage Club
- 6,330 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 750 on Asia Miles
If your long haul segment features an ANA flight, booking class is P as well, but earnigs will be quite different. While you can maximize and Eurobonus, Miles+Bonus and MileagePlus on this ticket, KrisFlyer or Miles&More costumers are better off with LOT or SWISS:
- 24,180 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 18,350 on SAS EuroBonus
- 18,130 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 18,130 on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 18,130 on United MileagePlus
- 18,130 on TAP Miles & Go
- 15,110 on Etihad Guest
- 13,620 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 12,630 on Miles & More
- 12,130 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 12,090 on EgyptAir Plus
- 8,460 on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 8,460 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 8,460 on ANA Mileage Club
- 8,460 on Asiana Club
- 8,460 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 8,460 on Philippine Airlines
- 8,460 on Air India Flying Returns
- 8,460 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 8,460 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 8,460 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 8,460 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 8,460 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 8,460 on South African Voyager
You can check possible earnings for your own routing by using wheretocredit.com.
Information & Tips for Japan
Japan, the ‘land of the rising sun’, is located in the east of Asia and is one of the most popular travel destinations on the continent. Big cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto convince urban fans while ski fans get their money’s worth in Hokkaido and Tohoku.
Flights to Japan are usually a little more expensive than comparable offers to other destinations in Asia, but there are exceptions, and you can sometimes find bargains.
Best travel time
Since the country consists of many different climatic zones it is hard to name a perfect time for traveling to Japan. However, summer should usually be avoided, as June is dominated by the rainy season and July and August offer sweltering temperatures with high humidity.
Most European citizens do not need a visa to enter Japan for a stay of up to 180 days if they do not want to work, study or train. Travelers that arrive under these conditions without a visa will be granted a residence permit as a “Temporary Visitor” for an initial period of 90 days upon entering the country at the airport.
All Dealz for Japan