SkyTeam members Air France, KLM, Delta, and Aeromexico have teamed up to offer great fares from Luxembourg. Prices start at €312 for flights until mid-2021. You can fly to various destinations on both coasts of the USA, Canada, and Mexico. Luggage, however, is only included for SkyTeam status-holders. Otherwise, you’ll have to add roughly €80-100 to the price if you wish to fly with luggage.
Here are some of the many possible destinations:
- Toronto: €312
- Montreal: €316
- Vancouver: €330
- Cancún: €330
- New York: €334
- Las Vegas: €334
- Boston: €334
- Miami: €334
- Washington DC: €334
- San Francisco: €334
- Dallas: €339
- Calgary: €344
The long-haul flights are usually operated by KLM or Air France. If you’re flying with Air France, Luxair will get you to Paris. If you’re flying with KLM, you’ll first fly to Amsterdam with KLM Cityhopper. The flights all include meals & drinks.
The West-Coast destinations are especially attractive, as they are offered roughly at the same price as the East-Coast destinations while being much further away.
Search & Book
The fare rules vary depending on the destination, but generally a minimum stay requirement of 6 days seems to be in place. Some destinations are available until early April 2021, some even until July 2021. You’ll have to check the available dates for your preferred destination on Google Flights and then book the flights directly on Air France’s or KLM’s website.
The short-haul flights tend to be issued in booking class L, and the long-haul flights are usually issued in class N. As an example, a roundtrip via Amsterdam to Toronto should get you:
- 4,320 on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 3,910 on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,300 on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 3,000 on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 2,710 on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,640 on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 2,480 on Saudia Alfursan
- 2,360 on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 2,360 on Aeroflot Bonus
- 2,130 on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 2,050 on Air Europa Club
- 2,050 on MEA Cedar Miles
- 1,980 on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 1,980 on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 1,680 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 1,680 on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 1,680 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 1,680 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 1,680 on Korean Air Skypass
At Delta SkyMiles, you should also get at least 8,500 status miles (MQM), or even over 10,500 status miles for West-Coast destinations.
Cover Picture: © Christophe Leroux Air France