Guam is the biggest island of the Mariana Islands in the western pacific ocean. The island is especially popular among divers because of its untouched coral reefs. It is obviously also a great starting point for trips to other parts of Micronesia.
Guam is also an unincorporated and organized territory of the United States. Therefore you will usually not need a visa for trips under 90 days, and only have to apply for an ESTA (roughly €12). They use US-Dollars as currency.
Error: IATA-Code GUM Airport Data not found
From Prague, you’ll first have to take a KLM feeder flight to Amsterdam. From there, you’ll fly to Taipei on an Airbus A350. From Taipei, you’ll continue to Guam onboard a Boeing 737. Sometimes, the Amsterdam-Prague route is also operated by Czech Airlines.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, this deal will remain valid for an entire year, but we highly doubt this. In theory, you can fly during the following time periods:
- Before December 16th
- December 28th – June 26th
- August 31st – December 16th
However, we couldn’t find availability on some dates, especially during the spring of 2020. There’s no minimum stay, but a maximum stay limit of 12 months. Especially nice: You can add a free stopover in Taiwan.
The booking class is mostly N or Q. For a roundtrip from Prague you’ll usually get the following amount of miles:
- 12,400 on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 12,360 on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 12,360 on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 8,430 on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 8,090 on Saudia Alfursan
- 7,820 on Aeroflot Bonus
- 7,750 on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 7,720 on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 7,700 on MEA Cedar Miles
- 7,690 on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 7,690 on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 7,590 on FlyingBlue
- 7,590 on Hawaiian Airlines
- 5,780 on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 4,010 on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,900 on Air Europa Club
- 3,880 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 150 on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 80 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 80 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 80 on Korean Air Skypass
Cover Picture: © Desiree Caplas