SkyTeam partners KLM and Air France are selling cheap business class flights to Nairobi. From Vienna, they’ll fly you there for €1,351, while they’ll charge you €1,443 from Athens. There’s availability until November from Vienna, and until April 2022 from Athens.
Air France and KLM will let you cancel all flights through December 2021 for free. You’d get your money back as a voucher, which can then be fully refunded to your bank account. You can read more about this here.
You would either fly to Paris or Amsterdam, from where you’d fly to Kenya. Both airlines use a Boeing 787 Dreamliner for their flights to Nairobi.
Search & Book
This deal expires on June 18, 2021. Until then, you can book flights that take place before November 30. These trips will have to be at least 6 days (or a Sunday) long.
The short-haul European flights are issued in booking class J, while the long-haul flights to Nairobi are issued in booking class O. To give you an example: Flying from Vienna via Amsterdam with KLM should roughly get you:
- 10,680 Miles on Delta SkyMiles
- 10,680 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 9,780 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 6,550 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 4,960 Award Miles + 90 XP on FlyingBlue
- 2,490 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 2,390 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,390 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 2,090 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 2,080 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 2,080 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 1,780 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 1,780 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 1,780 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 1,780 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 1,780 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 1,540 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 1,490 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 1,490 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 1,490 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
Flying Blue seems to be the best option to credit your flights.
KLM Business Class
By now, modern seats have also become the norm at KLM. Its business class is definitely not a bad choice, also thanks to the good service. Like many other airlines, the Boeing 787 always has the newest business class seats installed.
Air France Business Class
Before Covid-19, Air France still had 4 different business class versions, but now, as the A380 & A340 have left the fleet, only 3 remain. The business class in the A380 was no longer up to today’s standards, unlike the business class that’s installed in the Boeing 787-Dreamliner and Airbus A350, which is modern and comfortable. This business class is now continuously being installed in other Air France planes as well.
Information & Tips for Nairobi
Nairobi is the capital of Kenya. In addition to the city centre, the Nairobi National Park, a large game reserve where black rhinos threatened with extinction are bred, is also located in the city area. Giraffes, zebras and lions also live here. There is also a renowned breeding station for young elephants run by the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Nairobi is often the starting point for safaris to other parts of Kenya.
Best Time to Visit
The short rainy season starts from late October to through December and November typically has four inches of rain. Average rainfall during the other months is about two inches. The best time to plan your Nairobi tour activities is during the dry months of July through October and also January and February.
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is the international airport of the Kenyan capital Nairobi. The airport serves as a hub for the airlines Kenya Airways and Jubba Airways. With over 5.8 million passengers in 2011, it is the largest airport in East and Central Africa.
→ All Dealz for Nairobi