Alitalia is currently selling cheap Business Class tickets for flights from Rome to Malta, Tirana, and some other European cities. Also, the other way around is also possible. Prices for a return flight start at only €159.
These are some of the possible cities:
While the Business Class product will sadly be the European one, missing e.g., lie-flat seats, this deal is great if you need to collect some miles for your SkyTeam frequent flyer program. For example, a round trip from Rome to Malta will get you 30 XP as a member of Flying Blue.
Search & Book
The fare rules vary a bit depending on the route, but this deal should be around until December 14, 2020. Since it is perfect for a Mileage Run, we can’t be too sure that seats won’t sell out before that date. So you better be fast if you’re interested in booking those flights.
Technically you would have to stay at your destination for 3 days before flying back, but the minimum stay requirements include the Saturday night rule. Consequently, you can also fly on a Saturday and return on Sunday, if you wish.
Google Flights (instructions) will show all connections. You should then book directly on Alitalia’s website. Availability also varies according to the route, but November tends to always have almost daily availability.
If you’re not a member of Flying Blue, here is a list of selected SkyTeam frequent flyer program and the miles you can earn on them for a roundtrip from Rome to Malta:
- 5,000 on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 2,750 on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,560 on Etihad Guest
- 2,000 on FlyingBlue
- 1,790 on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 1,720 on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 1,710 on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 1,710 on Delta SkyMiles
- 1,280 on Saudia Alfursan
- 1,280 on Air Europa Club
- 1,280 on MEA Cedar Miles
- 1,280 on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 1,070 on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 1,070 on Aeroflot Bonus
- 1,070 on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,070 on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 1,070 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 1,070 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 1,070 on Korean Air Skypass