Alitalia is currently selling cheap Business Class tickets for flights between Rome and Malta, Tirana, and Athens. You can book these roundtrips in either direction. Prices start at only €159. These roundtrips will get you 30XP on Flying Blue!
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
There’s almost daily availability from April onward.
These are the prices if you start your journey in Rome:
And these are the prices if you wish to travel to Rome:
As you can see, the prices are absolutely identical in either direction.
While the Business Class product will sadly be the European one, missing e.g., lie-flat seats, this deal is great if you need to collect some miles for your SkyTeam frequent flyer program. For example, a round trip from Rome to Malta will get you 30 XP as a member of Flying Blue.
Search & Book
The fare rules vary a bit depending on the route. Technically, you would have to stay at your destination for 3 days before flying back, but the minimum stay requirements include the Saturday night rule. Consequently, you can also fly on a Saturday and return on Sunday, if you wish.
Google Flights (instructions) will show all connections. You should then book directly on Alitalia’s website. Availability also varies according to the route, but there tends to be almost daily availability from April onward.
If you’re not a member of Flying Blue, here is a list of selected SkyTeam frequent flyer program and the miles you can earn on them for a roundtrip from Rome to Malta (booking class I):
- 5,000 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 2,756 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,000 Award Miles + 30 XP on FlyingBlue
- 1,792 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 1,722 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 1,712 Award Miles + 1,500 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 1,712 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 1,712 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 1,284 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 1,284 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 1,284 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 1,284 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 1,070 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 1,070 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 1,070 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 1,070 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,070 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 1,070 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 1,070 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
Looking for more ways to obtain your SkyTeam Elite Plus status?
Cover Picture: © Copyright Alitalia - Società Aerea Italiana S.p.A.