Oneworld member Qatar Airways has generated quite the buzz with the introduction of its new Qsuite. You now have a good chance to enjoy what might be the world’s best business class product on trips from Cape Town to Hong Kong at €2,076 (~ZAR 36,825) for a roundtrip. All four flight segments of the trip are advertised to feature Qsuite service. And as if this wasn’t enough, this single trip can also get you very, close to Oneworld Sapphire tier!
If you’re okay with spending more money but experiencing the QSuite for a longer period, you might want to have a look at another sweet offer included in Qatar’s sale on flights from Capetown: trips to Tokyo. Flight times are over 40 hours, and prices start at around at around €2,251 (~ZAR 39,930). By the way: also this trip will earn you as close to Oneworld Sapphire as the one to Tokyo.
Most flight segments are scheduled to be Airbus A350-1000 service. All of these planes are equipped with Qsuites. Qatar will also operate a Boeing 777, some of which also feature QSuite. For further information, please have a look at this article:
Search & Book
According to fare rules, these flights are only available until February 3, 2020. While they are officially sold for travel up until September 2020, good availability is actually given from May until December. The offer is valid for trips at least three days long, but not exceeding three months. Stopovers in Doha are free of charge.
We’ve compiled a few possible travel dates starting in April 2020 for trips up to one week in our availability calendar:
For longer trips you can use Google Flights to find out when fares are lowest (instructions). Enter the dates you’ve found in our flight search to score the cheapest ticket available or proceed to qatarairways.com to check Qsuite availability.
On QR’s website, there are two ways to make sure Qsuite equipped aircraft are deployed on your flight. Make sure that it is Airbus A350-1000 or watch out for the Q badge on you flight selection:
Qatar Airways issues tickets for all flight segments in booking class R. Due to the sheer length of this trip, you can earn a a nice number of award miles in most Oneworld frequent flyer programs, even without tier bonuses. Here’s what the trip to Hong Kong can get you:
- 38,430 Award Miles + 21,350 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 34,362 Points on Finnair Plus
- 21,352 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
- 21,352 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 21,352 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 21,352 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 21,352 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 21,350 Avios + 560 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 21,350 Avios + 120 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 21,350 Avios + 2,000 TP on Iberia Plus
- 21,350 Award Miles + 240 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 17,082 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 17,082 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 17,082 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 17,082 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 17,082 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 17,080 Miles on American AAdvantage
Source: Pointstobemade – Thanks!