Qatar Airways offers some attractive Business Class fares on various city pairs between Eastern Europe and Asia, e.g. €1,422 from Sarajevo to Beijing or €1,522 (~HRK 11,459) from Zagreb to Shanghai. Furthermore, you can enjoy Qatar’s outstanding Qsuite en route to Singapore for just at €1,324 (~BGN 2,590), starting from Sofia. Another, similar offer from Budapest to China can be found here.
We have been able to find low prices from these airports:
- From Sarajevo:
- From Sofia:
- From Zagreb:
- Shanghai at €1,522 (~HRK 11,459) (including QSuite)
You can try these and other city pairings on qatarairways.com.
Sadly, all flights from Europe to Doha will be aboard Airbus A320 family aircraft. This means you either enjoy lie-flat seats in what might be the world’s best commercial narrowbody Business Class. Or, more likely, you’ll get a rather lackluster product.
Connecting flights from Doha to Asia are operated by various planes of Qatar Airways’ long haul fleet. As a passenger of Qatar’s premium cabin, you will be allowed into the Al Mourjan Business Lounge. Most connections only have a short layover, but the lounge is still worth visiting. All services to some destinations like Singapore are advertised as Qsuite routes. For more information on this topic, continue here:
Search & Book
Most connections mentioned above can be found on Google Flights. To find low fares, you can use its calendar (instructions) and enter suiting dates either on our Travel-Dealz flight search or directly at qatarairways.com. The latter is not only safer in case of any problems or miscommunications, but often cheaper as well.
All city pairings show reasonable availability from May onwards. Fare Rules state that travel time must be between four days and a month. Furthermore, tickets must be purchased at least 90 days before departure. Unfortunately, there is no information on how long this offer is available.
All flight segments are booking class R. This results in a Zagreb to Shanghai roundtrip earning you 16,600 award miles in most Oneworld frequent flyer programs, and outstanding 26,710 in Finnair’s Finnair Plus:
- 29,890 Award Miles + 16,606 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 26,722 Points on Finnair Plus
- 19,926 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 16,606 Avios + 560 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 16,606 Avios + 130 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 16,606 Avios + 1,450 TP on Iberia Plus
- 16,606 Award Miles + 170 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 16,606 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 16,606 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 16,606 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 16,606 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 16,606 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 16,602 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 16,602 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
- 16,602 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 13,284 Award Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 13,284 Award Miles + 28 Tier Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 13,284 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles