Oneworld carrier Qatar Airways has a rare offer for its business class with departure from Latvia. Roundtrips from Riga to Manila with two layovers start at €1,523. Because QR does not serve Riga directly, a second stopover in Copenhagen or Helsinki is necessary before heading to Doha. AirBaltic or Finnair operate these short feeder flights.
Search & Book
The fare rules offer no information on sales or travel period. However, they do restrict the possible itineraries the fare applies to: You have to stay at least five days, but not longer than one month at your destination to score the lowest fare. Google Flights indicates daily availability from January until May 2020 and from September 2020 onwards.
Google Flights also represents the best way to find suiting flight dates (instructions). Since these tickets are not available through online travel agencies, you have to proceed to qatarairways.com to buy them.
All Qatar Airways flights are booking class R. This gives you a nice mileage output with most Oneworld frequent flyer programs. Especially attractive are the 560 tier points in British Airways Executive Club that you earn with this ticket. They bring you very close to the 600 tier points you need to gain Oneworld Sapphire tier.
If you’re not a member of BAEC, here is what a trip via Copenhagen will earn you – without possible tier bonuses:
- 33,264 Award Miles + 18,480 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 29,736 Points on Finnair Plus
- 18,480 Avios + 560 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 18,480 Avios + 130 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 18,480 Avios + 1,450 TP on Iberia Plus
- 18,480 Award Miles + 210 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 18,476 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 18,476 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 18,476 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 18,476 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 14,784 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 14,782 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 14,782 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 14,782 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 14,782 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 14,782 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
Qatar Airways Business Class
Not only is Qatar Airways an airline with a five-star Skytrax-rating, but it is also considered to offer one of the best business class experiences worldwide.
Most flights have seats, that can be converted into flat beds. In the Boeing 787-Dreamliner, they are even in a 1-2-1 alignment. Airplanes that have the QSuites even offer small, private suites that are usually only available in First Class: