While international travel still seems to be a pretty long shot, Oneworld member Qatar Airways currently sells discounted tickets for business class flights from Prague up to April 2021. Connections with a stop in Doha are available as a cheap as a CZK 38,365 (~€1,408) roundtrip to Delhi. Much longer trips to Tokyo-Narita or Bali are just a little more expensive, all around €1,500.
We were able to find discounted premium tickets to the following destinations:
- Goa, India at CZK 35,385 (~€1,299)
- Delhi, India at CZK 38,365 (~€1,408)
- Hanoi, Vietnam at CZK 40,227 (~€1,476)
- Bali, Indonesia at CZK 40,487 (~€1,486)
- Tokyo, Japan at CZK 40,682 (~€1,493)
- Bangkok, Thailand at CZK 45,477 (~€1,669)
Flights between Doha and Prague are advertised as Boeing 787 or Airbus A330 service. While this results in a proper long haul business class seats on your way to the Middle East, it means no Qsuite as well. You have the best chances to enjoy Qatar Airways’ premium product on your way to Tokyo.
We expect major shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe was planned under different economic circumstances and may very well change.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, these flights are on sale until June 21, 2020. A rather long minimum stay of five days at your destination applies. We have been able to find these fares daily in 2021, with flights at the lowest price available up to late April or early May 2021.
Sadly, Google Flights does not display these fares accurately. Their calendar only shows correct prices until January 19, 2021. Still, if you select an out- and inbound flight with Qatar Airways, prices will drop. You’ll get the same result by searching directly on qatarairways.com.
Qatar Airways issues these tickets in booking class R. This is a standard business booking class. A roundtrip to Tokyo will result in the following mileage:
- 31,290 on Finnair Plus
- 19,440 on British Airways Executive Club
- 19,440 on Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- 19,440 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 19,440 on Iberia Plus
- 19,440 on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 19,440 on MEA Cedar Miles
- 19,440 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 19,440 on Asia Miles
- 19,440 on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 19,440 on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 15,550 on American AAdvantage
- 15,550 on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 15,550 on LATAM Pass
- 15,550 on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 15,550 on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
Qatar Airways Business Class
Not only is Qatar Airways an airline with a five-star Skytrax-rating, but it is also considered to offer one of the best business class experiences worldwide.
Most flights have seats, that can be converted into flat beds. In the Boeing 787-Dreamliner, they are even in a 1-2-1 alignment. Airplanes that have the QSuites even offer small, private suites that are usually only available in First Class: