Members of the three biggest alliances, Oneworld, Star Alliance, and SkyTeam are selling discounted premium economy class tickets for flights from Sweden to various airports in the USA. British Airways is offering the broadest selection of departure and destination airports, but the cheapest tickets come from Virgin Atlantic.
*Price drop* Fares got even cheaper now! Check the new prices and destinations below
Star Alliance deals from Stockholm:
Oneworld deals from Stockholm (flights from Gothenburg are available at roughly the same prices):
SkyTeam deals from Stockholm:
All flights consist of one Economy Class segment between Sweden and the carriers’ hubs in Europe and one long-haul flight in Premium Economy to the selcted destination in the United States.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, these fares require a minimum stay of six days or at least one night from Saturday to Sunday. Further, your maximum stay may not exceed twelve months when traveling with Oneworld. SkyTeam fares will only allow you a maximum stay of 3 months.
Oneworld fares are valid within the following travel periods:
- December 30th through June 6th
- August 18th through December 18th
SkyTeam restricted its offer to the times stated below:
- August 1st through December 15th
- January 7th thorugh March 31st
Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any fare rules for Star Alliance flights. Also no expiration date is mentioned for any of the airlines. In conclusion, this offer will be available until it is sold out or withdrawn by the airlines. At time of writing, most destinations show almost daily availabality in late 2019 and throughout 2020.
Google Flights displays all fares in question accurately. You can use that to your advantage by retrieving flight dates using its calendar (instructions). Use your data to find the cheapest flights via our flight search or directly at on the carrier’s website.
British Airways issues tickets in booking class K for short haul flight and booking class T for premium economy segments. Interestingly, the short haul flight takes place in a discounted booking class, while long haul flights yield at least 100% of traveled distance in award mileage. The following example covers a Stockholm to Los Angeles roundtrip:
- 18,980 on Finnair Plus
- 11,790 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 11,790 on Iberia Plus
- 11,790 on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 11,790 on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 11,790 on LATAM Pass
- 11,790 on Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- 11,790 on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 11,790 on British Airways Executive Club
- 11,790 on American AAdvantage
- 11,790 on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 11,340 on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 11,340 on Asia Miles
- 11,340 on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
According to British Airways, all short haul segment are worth 10 tier points each. Long haul segments to U.S. destinations yield 90 tier points in each direction, totaling in 200 tier points for a roundtrip from Sweden. This is a third of what is needed to reach Oneworld Sapphire status.
Air France/KLM should issue their tickets in booking class A for long-haul flights in Premium Economy, short-haul segments will be in booking class Y. Both will get you an earning rate of 100% with most SkyTeam frequent traveler programs. Same example as above:
- 25,840 on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 21,280 on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 21,280 on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 19,360 on Delta SkyMiles
- 18,880 on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 16,050 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 16,050 on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 14,360 on MEA Cedar Miles
- 13,220 on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 13,220 on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 13,220 on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 13,220 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 13,220 on Air Europa Club
- 13,220 on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 13,220 on Korean Air Skypass
- 13,220 on Saudia Alfursan
- 13,220 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 13,220 on Aeroflot Bonus
- 7,570 on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 1,200 on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
When flying Star Alliance, your booking class will depend on the carrier you choose. While most of the European short-haul flights will be in booking class Y, tickets for long-haul Premium Economy Class flights will be issued for example in R (United) or N (Austrian, Lufthansa). Here’s what you can expect from a flight to Los Angeles with Austrian:
- 15,070 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 14,740 on Miles & More
- 14,740 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 14,640 on United MileagePlus
- 14,640 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 14,240 on EgyptAir Plus
- 13,840 on Asiana Club
- 13,840 on SAS EuroBonus
- 13,840 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 13,840 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 13,840 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 13,840 on LATAM Pass
- 13,840 on South African Voyager
- 13,840 on TAP Miles & Go
- 13,840 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 13,840 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 13,040 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 10,170 on ANA Mileage Club
- 2,570 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 2,390 on Air India Flying Returns
- 1,590 on Asia Miles
Information & Tips for USA
The USA offers many sights, natural wonders and cultural significance. Thanks to numerous airlines offering flights across the Atlantic, it is always pretty inexpensive to get there. Alternatively, you can also cross the Atlantic by boat.
Immigration, ESTA & Visa Requirements
The USA has one of the strictest entry regulations in the world. Most EU citizens citizens, among others, are lucky to be able to participate in the so-called Visa Waiver Program. If you get an electronic entry permit (ESTA) for about 12€, you don’t need a visa for entry.
Best Time to Visit
Due to its sheer size, the perfect time to visit the USA varies greatly from region to region. In winter, Florida is very popular due to the mild temperatures. In the summer the West and East Coasts are flooded by tourists which drives up the prices for hotels and flights and during the Indian Summer in late autumn New England is a very popular destination. The hurricane season between July and September can be dangerous in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida and the southern states are regularly struck by these tropical storms. Blizzards occur from the East Coast to the Midwest during the winter months and regularly put air traffic and public life on hold.
The US dollar is widely used throughout the world and accepted as a currency in most tourist hotspots worldwide. That being said, carrying cash isn’t necessary in the US, all you need is a credit card! These are very common in the USA and are accepted pretty much everywhere without any issues. If you already have a credit card in your wallet, you should make sure that it does not charge a foreign currency fee if possible. Carrying a few dollars in cash doesn’t hurt though. You might need cash e.g. for the bus ticket if you want to buy it directly from the driver. Most of the time you even have to give exact change.
All Dealz for USA