The British hotel chain Premier Inn is expanding strongly into Germany and has already opened more than 40 hotels in Germany. So far, the chain is relatively unknown in Germany – and therefore tries to draw attention to itself with absolutely competitive prices. You can stay in most hotels for €55-65 per night, and the availability of cheap dates is currently pretty good, especially in the winter and spring months. In some cases, however, there are even availabilities for the below-mentioned prices in the summer months.
The prices of Premier Inn hotels are often well below the local competition and with really good facilities.
The following Premier Inn hotels are currently available in Germany, with the respective starting prices:
- Premier Inn Berlin City Centre starting at €62
- Premier Inn Berlin Alexanderplatz starting at €62
- Premier Inn Berlin City Wilmersdorf starting at €65
- Braunschweig: Premier Inn Braunschweig City Centre starting at €65
- Cologne: Premier Inn Cologne City Süd starting at €62
- Premier Inn Düsseldorf City Centre starting at €55
- Düsseldorf City Friedrichstadt starting at €55
- Premier Inn Essen City Centre starting at €55
- Premier Inn Essen City Limbecker Platz starting at €55
- Premier Inn Frankfurt Messe starting at €59
- Premier Inn Frankfurt Westend starting at €55
- Premier Inn Frankfurt City Centre starting at €59
- Freiburg: Premier Inn Freiburg City Süd starting at €58
- Premier Inn Hamburg City Alster starting at €60
- Premier Inn Hamburg St. Pauli starting at €66
- Premier Inn Hamburg City Millerntor starting at €60
- Premier Inn Hamburg City Hammerbrook starting at €66
- Premier Inn Hamburg City Centre starting at €76
- Premier Inn Hamburg City Klostertor starting at €65
- Hannover: Premier Inn Hannover City – University starting at €55
- Premier Inn Heidelberg City Bahnstadt starting at €55
- Premier Inn Heidelberg City Centre starting at €59
- Premier Inn Leipzig City Oper starting at €55
- Premier Inn Leipzig City Hahnekamm starting at €55
- Lübeck: Premier Inn Lübeck City Stadtgraben starting at €65
- Mannheim: Premier Inn Mannheim City Centre starting at €55
- Premier Inn Munich City Schwabing starting at €59
- Premier Inn Munich Airport Ost starting at €55
- Premier Inn Munich-Airport Süd starting at €55
- Premier Inn Munich Messe starting at €55
- Premier Inn Munich City Centre starting at €75
- Premier Inn Nuremberg City Nordost starting at €55
- Premier Inn Nuremberg City Centre starting at €64
- Premier Inn Nuremberg City Opernhaus starting at €59
- Passau: Premier Inn Passau Weisser Hase starting at €65
- Premier Inn Saarbrücken City Centre starting at €59
- Premier Inn Saarbrucken City Congresshalle starting at €59
- Premier Inn Stuttgart Feuerbach starting at €55
- Premier Inn Stuttgart City Centre starting at €65
- Premier Inn Stuttgart Airport Messe starting at €55
- Stuttgart City Europaviertel starting at €65
- Wolfsburg: Premier Inn Wolfsburg City Centre starting at €59
- Wuppertal: Premier Inn Wuppertal City Centre starting at €55
The price is usually for a flex rate, i.e. it can be cancelled free of charge up to 6 p.m. on the day of arrival, and you don’t even have to provide a credit card when booking.
Breakfast is not included in the price, but can be added for €12.50 per person per day. In the evenings, most hotels offer a pizza menu for around €10 per pizza.
In principle, up to two children under the age of 16 can stay for free in their parents’ room. Family rooms are available with sofa beds at no extra charge. A cot can also be booked for small children free of charge. Breakfast is also free for children when at least one adult pays for breakfast.
Most hotels are not completely new buildings but come from hotel portfolios that have been bought up. Before that, they belonged to another chain, e.g. Holiday Inn Express in Düsseldorf. However, the rooms are always completely renovated and adapted to Premier Inn facilities. There are also some new buildings, e.g. Hamburg City and Munich City. The Premier Inn hotels are mostly mid-range hotels in downtown locations or near trade fairs or airports.
Our Experience with Premier Inn
In September 2021 I stayed at the Premier Inn St. Pauli in Hamburg. The rooms are of a good size and are well-equipped (kettle, desk, two different pillows…). The whole hotel seemed very new and well-kept. Parking was possible in the underground car park for €1 per hour. Fair for the location.