Skyteam member CSA Czech Airlines and Star Alliance carrierer LOT Polish Airlines both offer discounted Business Class tickets to Seoul, starting at €1,386 for CSA’s nonstop service. Star Alliance member LOT charges €1,467 / PLN 6,308 for its flights with a layover in Warsaw, but issues tickets in attractive booking class Z. This is a good opportunity to earn miles.
June 13, 2019:
Turkish Airlines and Etihad joined the competition on this route, offering their Business Classes at €1,489 (Eithad) and €1,504 (Turkish Airlines). Flights with Turkish Airlines feature a layover in Istanbul. Choosing Etihad adds two stops to your itinerary – one in Europe and one in Abu Dhabi
CSA operates their flight to Seoul on an Airbus A330, while LOT sends an Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner on its way to Korea’s capital. The short trip from Prague to Warsaw is operated by Dash 8 turboprop aircraft.
Search & Book
CSA’s nonstop flights
Fare rules show almost no restrictions. The only exception is that tickets must be purchased at least ten days before departure. An expirationdate is not available. Please use our availability calendar to find suiting dates for a stay between one and three weeks:
LOT Polish Airlines
This connection features very generous fare rules as well. The only restriction is maximum duration of stay, which isn’t really strict at one year.
As of now, availability is really great so you can basically choose your travel dates as you like between today and March, 2020. However, this connection is not offered or Mondays and Wednesdays, but every other weekday works just fine. There is no information given when this offer will expire. We recommend buying tickets directly at LOT.com.
Again, very few restrictions are given by the fare rules. Your minimum stay has to be at least two days or a sunday. Book comfortably through turkishairlines.com.
Eithad not only has the least attractive connections, they also issue the most restrictive fair rules. Flights at the discounted Business Class fare can be found between today und June 30 and between August 19 and October 31. The best way to buy tickets is through etihad.com.
Etihad’s offer expires on June 25, 2019.
CSA tickets are issued in booking class I. This will only grant you a huge bonus in earnings in CSA’s own OK Club program.
LOT tickets are issued in booking class Z, making it an attractive earning opportunity for members of Star Alliance frequent flyer programs:
- 17,050 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 16,900 on Miles & More
- 15,900 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 13,500 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 10,850 on Asiana Club
- 10,800 on SAS EuroBonus
- 10,760 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 10,600 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 10,250 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 10,250 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 10,250 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 10,250 on ANA Mileage Club
- 10,250 on Avianca Brazil Amigo
- 10,250 on Air India Flying Returns
- 10,250 on TAP Miles & Go
- 10,250 on South African Voyager
- 10,250 on United MileagePlus
- 10,250 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 10,250 on EgyptAir Plus
- 10,250 on Singapore KrisFlyer
Turkish Airlines issues tickets in booking class J. This is more attractive to most Star Alliance frequent flyers, as earnings are a little bit higher:
- 23,400 on TAP Miles & Go
- 20,710 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 17,550 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 17,270 on Miles & More
- 15,990 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 14,620 on EgyptAir Plus
- 12,870 on South African Voyager
- 12,870 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 12,870 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 11,700 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 11,700 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 11,700 on United MileagePlus
- 11,700 on SAS EuroBonus
- 11,700 on Air India Flying Returns
- 11,700 on Asiana Club
- 11,700 on Avianca Brazil Amigo
- 11,700 on ANA Mileage Club
- 11,700 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 11,700 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 11,700 on Singapore KrisFlyer
Etihad gives out reasonable mileage as well, issuing their tickets in booking class Z. While not as many programs are affected as above, those who are still cash out some nice award mileage:
- 29,440 on Hainan Airlines
- 18,290 on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 18,290 on Asiana Club
- 18,290 on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 16,180 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 16,180 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 16,180 on Philippine Airlines
- 16,180 on South African Voyager
- 16,180 on Etihad Guest
- 16,180 on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 16,180 on Jet Airways
- 16,180 on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 16,180 on Korean Air Skypass
- 14,070 on American AAdvantage
- 14,070 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 6,410 on SAS EuroBonus
Information & Tips for Seoul
Seoul is the capital of South Korea and with 11.8 million inhabitants and a metropolitan region of around 25.6 million also the largest. The city is an important cultural and economic center in the Asian region.
Flights to Seoul
Flights to Korea are unfortunately not as cheap as to China or Southeast Asia, but there are – especially if you are flexible – some bargains that are definitely worth it.
For flights to Seoul, one should usually be prepared to pay between 400€ and 500€ for a good deal. Often there are also bargains in Business Class, especially from LOT.
You should avoid the school holidays, especially the summer holidays. During this period, airfares quickly rise to more than 700€ and partly reach heights of up to 1.000€ for a direct flight in economy. Good deals are not to be expected during this period.
Best Time to Travel
The best time to visit Seoul is from March to May or from September to November. Thanks to comparatively mild temperatures and plenty of sunshine, these months are best suited for tourism.
From the Airport to the City Center
International long-haul flights usually arrive at Seoul-Incheon Airport. The express train to the city centre departs every 30 minutes and takes 40-45 minutes and costs approx. 6,50€. For a taxi you pay between 47€ and 70€.
All Dealz for Seoul