Star Alliance carriers Lufthansa, Swiss and Singapore Airlines are currently selling cheap premium economy flights from Paris to Auckland. With two stops in Zurich and Singapore, you can reach New Zealand for as little as €1,349. A fare that includes extra legroom, checked bags and the option to get a refund (save a €190 fee) in case you need to cancel.
These tickets are partially refundable if you cancel them on your own. You will get your money back, minus a €190 fee. To change flight dates, you’d need to pay the fare difference, but at least the rebooking fee is waived.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
Our availability calendar shows you all possible flight dates at the cheapest rate for trips to 28 days. It forwards you to lufthansa.com, where you can buy the refundable tickets.
Search & Book
Sadly, we have not been able to locate fare rules for these flights, so we cannot tell you when it is going to expire. It shows decent availability between August and November 2022.
The premium economy light fare is not the cheapest in this case. You must select Premium Economy Basic Plus I to get the advertised price and partial refundability:
As there are various different airline and route combinations for the Lufthansa flights, it is difficult to name a specific number of miles. We will give you one example here: Paris-Frankfurt (Y), Frankfurt-Singapore (E) with Lufthansa, Singapore-Auckland (T) with Singapore Airlines.
- 42,112 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 34,722 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 33,058 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 32,110 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 30,450 Award Miles + 2,668 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 30,446 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 30,446 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 30,446 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 28,418 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 26,974 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 26,742 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 26,694 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 26,392 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 25,270 Miles on Asiana Club
- 25,114 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 24,222 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 23,780 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 23,780 Miles on South African Voyager
- 22,172 Award Miles + 37,338 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 22,172 Award Miles + 360 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 13,330 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 13,062 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 10,450 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 10,450 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 10,450 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 5,226 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
- 836 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
Once you’ve decided on your preferred or available routing, you use our mileage calculator:
Lufthansa’s Premium Economy
In comparison to other airlines, Lufthansa’s Premium Economy is solid, but not outstanding. The reclining seats and legroom are above average. Still, cabin service and entertainment are almost the same as in LH’s economy class product.
In contrast to its regular economy seats, Lufthansa offers broader and more comfortable seats in Premium Economy, switching from a 3-4-3 / 3-3-3 seat alignment to 2-4-2 (Boeing 747) or 2-3-2 on its wide-body aircraft. Furthermore, you are able to check two bags up to 23 kg at no additional cost. While the food is identical, it’ll be served on chinaware instead of plastic.
Information & Tips for Auckland
Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand with a population of approximately 1.5 million and a wide range of tourist attractions and activities for visitors. The city is also an excellent starting point to explore the rest of New Zealand. Auckland is connected to Southeast Asia and Asia pretty well, even non-stop flights to the USA are available. As of now, you’ll have to switch planes at least once when flying to New Zealand from Europe. But this may change since long-range flights are hitting new limits all the time
The Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Auckland is between March and May and September and November. These are the times when you’ll find comparatively few tourists and can enjoy sunny days and moderate temperatures.
From the airport to the city
A bus to the city centre runs every 10 minutes, and the journey will take you about 40 minutes and a ticket for a one-way trip costs approx. €7.50. A taxi can cost up to €60, while Uber or Zoomy (similar to Uber) will cost between €24 and €43.
→ All Dealz for Auckland
Cover Picture: © Fyle - Fotolia.com