Oneworld member Iberia is selling cheap premium economy tickets to Mexico City from Spain. While Iberia doesn’t really have the best premium economy on the market, the prices are still really good, especially considering the high baggage allowance.
Iberia has some of the worst Covid-19 refund policies out there, as your way to a refund might require things like an actual Covid-19 infection.
Our calendar displays all available dates for trips of 6 to 28 days:
You can fly to Mexico City with Iberia from:
Iberia uses an Airbus A350 for its flights between Madrid and Mexico City.
Search & Book
This fare can be booked for flights in the following time periods:
- Before December 15
- January 8 – April 6
- April 19 – June 16
- After August 28
- Before December 16
- December 19 – December 25
- January 8 – April 9
- April 19 – June 25
- After September 5
The fare has no expiration date and can thus be withdrawn anytime. The minimum stay requirement is of 6 days. Furthermore, your stay cannot exceed 3 months. The premium economy tickets have to be booked at least 14 days before departure. Stopovers are not permitted.
The premium economy flights are issued in booking class T. To give you an example, the nonstop flights from Madrid to Mexico City would get you:
- 18,134 Points on Finnair Plus
- 11,268 Avios + 180 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 11,268 Qmiles + 60 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 11,268 Avios + 850 TP on Iberia Plus
- 11,268 Award Miles + 70 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 11,268 Award Miles + 16,902 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 11,268 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 11,268 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 11,268 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 11,268 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 11,268 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 11,268 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 11,268 Miles on LATAM Pass
You may be trying to reach a frequent flyer status with this booking. In that case, feel free to use our status calculator to see how close you’d be getting to reaching your goal:
Information & Tips for Mexico City
3 Tips for Mexico City
Mexico City is not quite as touristic as, for example, the seaside resort city and party destination Cancun. This means that hardly anybody speaks English, but you also don’t have to be afraid of being ripped off because you look like a tourist. My 3 tips for Mexico City:
- Torre Latinoamericana: The office tower – which looks a bit ugly from the outside – offers a fantastic view over the city, especially at dusk. The ticket is valid for several visits over the course of a whole day and costs 110 Pesos (= 4,50€).
- Chapultepec Park: There is a free zoo in Chapultepec Park. Even though admission is free, you can admire a total of 252 different animal species.
- Teotihuacán: A little outside of town are the impressive pyramids of Teotihuacán. I recommend that you get there early, otherwise you’ll have to wait in line for a long time. I came by public bus (not through an organized tour), I found the instructions on how to do that in this blog. I would also recommend checking out the cave restaurant there!
For getting around Mexico City I recommend using Uber. The countless taco stands are also great and extremely cheap. However, make sure that the meat is adequately cooled. Unfortunately, you often see that raw meat is lying somewhere in the blazing sun.
→ All Dealz for Mexico City
Cover Picture: © Iberia