After a long time, Oneworld airlines are now again selling cheap business class tickets from Sofia, starting at €1,185. The prices are a bit higher than last time, but roughly €1,200 for business class flights to North America is still a quite good and rare price. Possible destinations include a wide variety of destinations, such as Los Angeles and Toronto.
You can currently not really enter the USA and Canada. Furthermore, it is unclear when the entry restrictions will be lifted.
Should you wish to rebook your flights, British Airways will only make you pay the price difference. You can also get a refund voucher, valid until April 2023. That second option is not available if you book on American Airlines’ or Iberia’s website.
There’s availability from late November until March 2022
The list of possible destinations is very long. Here are some examples:
Depending on the destination, you may have either one or two layovers. Sadly, British Airways merely has a single daily flight between Sofia and London, so you may have very long layovers in London Heathrow.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not state until when this deal will remain available. You can fly from late November until January 2022 – sometimes even March 2022. You also need to spend at least one Sunday at your destination before flying back to Sofia.
The tickets are issued in booking class I. To give you an example of what to expect, a round trip to Boston should get you:
- 22,620 Award Miles + 13,572 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 18,206 Points on Finnair Plus
- 13,574 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 13,572 Avios + 440 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 13,572 Avios + 1,230 TP on Iberia Plus
- 11,312 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 11,312 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 11,312 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 11,312 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 11,312 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 11,312 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 11,312 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 11,310 Qmiles + 92 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 11,310 Award Miles + 140 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 11,310 Award Miles + 18,096 EQMs on American AAdvantage
British Airways Executive Club
British Airways was the first airline to offer lie-flat seats – over 20 years ago. Sadly, many seats are still from that time and no longer reach today’s standards in other aspects. Especially in the Boeing 747, the seats were extremely narrow. Furthermore, it is unusual that every other seat is facing backward. If you, however, fly in a plane that has the new Club World seats installed, you’ll be flying in a much better product, sometimes even with Suite seats that offer a lot of privacy. A general downside at British Airways: there is no free seat reservation, which is unusual for a business class.
American Airlines Business Class
Even if American Airlines doesn’t enjoy a good reputation for many, their business class is very good. Every seat has direct access to the aisle and the service, as well as the food and the seat, are at a very high standard. Travel-Dealz founder Johannes tested the Boeing 777 and really enjoyed the flight.
Source: Luxury Flight Club