The Oneworld airlines are currently again offering a nice business class offer to the American Caribbean. For a little more than €1,300 you can either fly to San Juan in Puerto Rico or to Saint Croix / Saint Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.
At the moment, all newly booked tickets with American can be rebooked without a rebooking fee (except for Basic Economy). You can also change the departure and destination airports, but the fare difference will be charged in each case.
You can use the following booking form to book the flights. We have marked all available dates for you (for a maximum of 21 days) in green and will then forward you to the search on Google Flights. From there, with just a few clicks, you can book on AA.com, where tickets are usually the cheapest. Alternatively, you can also search with British Airways, but that only works for Puerto Rico.
To Puerto Rico, you can choose between flights via Philadelphia (with American) or Madrid (with Iberia). The flight times are similarly good for both alternatives – you only travel around 15 hours.
The fastest connections to the Virgin Islands are only offered by American Airlines. An overnight stay in e.g. Philadelphia is always necessary on the way there. On the way back, there is usually a second stop so that you don’t have to spend another night in Philadelphia. Possible connections are St. Thomas – Miami – London – Amsterdam or St. Croix – Miami – Philadelphia – Amsterdam.
Even if American Airlines doesn’t enjoy a good reputation for many, their business class is very good. Every seat has direct access to the aisle and the service, as well as the food and the seat, are at a very high standard. Travel-Dealz founder Johannes tested the Boeing 777 and really enjoyed the flight.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not indicate how long the deal will be available. Availability is good until March 2022. The minimum stay requirement is of one night from Saturday to Sunday, while there is no upper limit on this fare.
You can find suitable dates quickly and easily with the help of Google Flights (instructions). You can then book directly on American Airlines’ website. The flights to Puerto Rico can also be booked on British Airways’ website.
The tickets are issued in booking class I. If you fly to San Juan with a layover in Philadelphia, you will receive the following number of miles:
- 25,622 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 21,350 Points on Finnair Plus
- 15,922 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 15,922 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 15,922 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 15,922 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 15,918 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 13,268 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 13,268 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 13,268 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 13,268 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 13,266 Avios + 360 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 13,266 Award Miles + 170 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 13,266 Avios + 1,450 TP on Iberia Plus
- 10,612 Qmiles + 74 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 10,612 Award Miles + 21,224 EQMs on American AAdvantage
Iberia Plus is probably the best option to credit these flights as they’ll directly give you the Oneworld Ruby status for this booking.