Oman Air offers an inofficial status match for their Sindbad frequent flyer program. Because Oman Air is not a member of any air alliance, you will enjoy perks such as lounge access only on Oman Air flights.
In most cases, a foto/scan of your current membership card in combination with your Sindbad membership number will suffice. Just send this information to email@example.com and you’ll get an reply within days, if not hours.
Sometimes they will ask for an account statement to check if you’ve recently visited one of Oman Air’s destination (the majority of which are Asian). This seems to happen reguarly with if your account is on a non-Arabic frequent flyer programs.
- Air France/KLM FlyingBlue Gold -> Gold
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver -> Silver
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum -> Gold
- Miles&More FTL -> Silver
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus Silver -> Silver
If you’ve successfully matched your status or your request has been denied, please let us know and leave a comment!
Perks & Advantages
You can expect the following amenities with an Oman Air Sindbad status:
- 25% bonus mileage
- Business Class Check-in regardless of booking class
- Additional luggage: You may check an additional bag up to 20kg in Economy and up to 30kg in Business & First Class.
- Lounge access: Access to Oman Air’s Business Class lounge in Muscat, regardless of travelling class.
- Priority baggage dilevery
To qualify for Silver status reguarly, you need 25,000 status miles or 20 segments within twelve consecutive months. Afterwards, your status will be valid for a whole year.
To keep Silver status, you need to compile 20,000 status miles or 15 flight segments within your Silver status’ validity.
Additionally to your Silver Perks, you can expect the following benefits:
- Two Upgrade Vouchers: You’ll receive two vouchers for free upgrades to Business Class. (However, you’ll only get these if you earn your statuts instead of matching it.)
- 50% bonus mileage
- Lounge access: Access to Oman Air’s Business Class lounge in Muscat, with a guest, regardless of travelling class. Lounge access at other airports when travelling Oman Air.
To qualify for Gold status reguarly, you need 50,000 status miles or 40 segments within twelve consecutive months. Afterwards, your status will be valid for a whole year.
To keep Gold status, you need to compile 20,000 status miles or 15 flight segments within your Silver status’ validity.
Oman Air Dealz
We currently offer the following Dealz with Oman Air:
Thanks to our source You have been Upgraded!