Oman Air offers an unofficial status match for their Sindbad frequent flyer program. Because Oman Air is not a member of any air alliance, you will enjoy perks such as lounge access only on Oman Air flights. An additional membership card without much hassle can still be helpful, even if you only use it to participate in other status matches.
In most cases, a photo/scan of your current membership card in combination with your Sindbad membership number will suffice. Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll get a reply within days, if not hours.
Sometimes they will ask for an account statement to check if you’ve recently visited one of Oman Air’s destination (the majority of which are Asian). This seems to happen regularly if you want to match your status from a Non-Arabic airlines, like most European or American carriers.
- British Airways Executive Club Gold -> Gold
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Gold -> Gold
- Air France/KLM FlyingBlue Gold -> Gold
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club Silver -> Silver
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum -> Gold
- Miles&More Frequent Traveller -> Silver
- Miles&More Senator -> Gold
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus Silver -> Silver
If you’ve successfully matched your status or your request has been denied, please let us know and tell us about it in the comments.
Perks & Advantages of Oman Air Sindbad
You can expect the following amenities with an Oman Air Sindbad status:
- 25% bonus mileage
- Business Class Check-in regardless of booking class
- Additional luggage: You may check an additional bag up to 20 kg in Economy and up to 30 kg in Business & First Class.
- Lounge access: Access to Oman Air’s Business Class lounge in Muscat, regardless of travelling class.
- Priority baggage delivery
To qualify for Silver status regularly, you need 25,000 status miles or 20 segments within twelve consecutive months. Afterwards, your status will be valid for a whole year.
To keep Silver status, you need to compile 20,000 status miles or 15 flight segments within your Silver status’ validity.
Additionally, to your Silver Perks, you can expect the following benefits:
- Two Upgrade Vouchers: You’ll receive two vouchers for free upgrades to Business Class. (However, you’ll only get these if you earn your status instead of matching it.)
- 50% bonus mileage
- Lounge access: Access to Oman Air’s Business Class lounge in Muscat, with a guest, regardless of travelling class. Lounge access at other airports when travelling Oman Air.
To qualify for Gold status regularly, you need 50,000 status miles or 40 segments within twelve consecutive months. Afterwards, your status will be valid for a whole year.
To keep Gold status, you need to compile 20,000 status miles or 15 flight segments within your Silver status’ validity.
For a full list of perks and regulations, you can check out Oman Air’s website.