Star Alliance member SWISS currently offers a very sexy partner sale from Amsterdam. The absolute highlights of this sale are the €1,757 business class roundtrips to Auckland and, even better, €1,557 roundtrips to Sydney. All itineraries feature two layovers – one in Zurich and one in East Asia, most likely in Singapore or Hong Kong.
This is a partner sale – you have to purchase tickets for two adults to get the quoted price.
You will fly in Swiss’ business class within Europe and onwards to Singapore or Bangkok. From these airports, you will enjoy Singapore Airlines’ (SIN) or THAI’s (BKK) luxurious premium products to Sydney. If you’re flying to Auckland, you’ll usually fly to Hong Kong, and then continue to Auckland with Cathay Pacific.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
Search & Book
The fare rules state that this deal expires on January 11, 2021 and covers flights until December 2021. You can find flight dates on Google Flights (instructions). You should then book the flights to Auckland via Lufthansa’s landing page (most convenient option).
Flights to Sydney can be booked via SWISS’ website. Don’t forget to enter at least 2 adults in every search mask, since this is a partner sale! It is also important that you select “Lufthansa Group” for Airline:
When proceeding with a booking, you’ll be presented a selection of all available flight options. Once you’ve reached this site, make sure to select exactly the same flights as seen in Google Flights. Otherwise you’d have to try all available combinations – reaching from about €15,000 to €1,500 roundtrip.
Most of the flights are in booking class P. Thai Airways issues them in booking class Z. This booking class will accrue 100% of the mileage in most Star Alliance frequent flyer programs. Flying to Sydney via Bangkok (outbound) and Singapore (inbound) should get you the following number of miles:
- 38,523 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 26,401 Miles on Miles&More
- 25,723 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 24,545 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 24,145 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 23,945 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 23,695 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 22,528 Miles on South African Voyager
- 22,528 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 22,528 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 22,528 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 22,528 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 22,527 Award Miles + 4,029 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 22,527 Miles on Asiana Club
- 22,154 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 18,694 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 18,617 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 16,691 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 13,250 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 13,028 Miles on Air New Zealand AirPoints
- 12,780 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 3,911 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 3,911 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 3,911 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 3,911 Miles on Vistara Club Vistara
- 1,956 Miles on JetBlue TrueBlue
Before booking any hotels, check out our list of vouchers available for hotels and chains all around the world:
Information & Tips for New Zealand
→ All Dealz for New Zealand
Information & Tips for Australia
Australia, also know as ‘Down Under’, is an absolute dream destination because of its distance to Europe and its beautiful countryside. But because it’s so far away, the flights are costly. Nevertheless, there is always Dealz for less than 1.000€.
Best Time to Visit
Australia is a vast country with different climate zones. Summers (November to February) are hot and mostly dry, winters (June to September) are relatively mild.
Entry & Visa
Most European citizens require an eVisa which has to be issued before your arrival. You can apply online, and the process will be free of charge.
→ All Dealz for Australia