On November 19, MSC will commission its brand-new Seascape ship. It will cross the Atlantic Ocean from Rome, Italy to New York City, USA. Currently, the prices for this cruise are quite impressive. With four routing options, you can get an ocean view cabin for £555 (~€644) or an inside cabin for £440 (~€511). You could even pick a balcony cabin for only £658 (~€764). Full board and tips are included.
The ship arrives in New York early on December 5 – but you can stay onboard for another day, saving you a costly hotel night in the Big Apple.
It is best to read the current MSC Cruises regulations regarding Covid on the ship in advance. Among other things, you must wear mouth and nose protection in all public areas if you are not in your seat. You must have proof that you have been vaccinated or have recovered. Individual shore leave is possible again but depends on the regulations of the ports.
MSC cruises, booked until the end of August, can be changed flexibly, but a fare difference may apply.
Here are your booking options (prices listed as inside / ocean view / balcony cabin):
- Funchal, Madeira – New York City, USA
November 26, 2022 – December 6, 2022 (10 nights)
£440 (~€511) / £555 (~€644) / £658 (~€764)
- Valencia, Spain – New York City, USA
November 22, 2022 – December 6, 2022 (14 nights)
£575 (~€667) / £728 (~€845) / £872 (~€1,012)
- Rome, Italy – New York City, USA
November 19, 2022 – December 6, 2022 (17 nights)
£671 (~€779) / £863 (~€1,002) / £1,046 (~€1,214)
- Barcelona, Spain – New York City, USA
November 21, 2022 – December 6, 2022 (15 nights)
£728 (~€845) / £824 (~€957) / £988 (~€1,147)
You get full board service with breakfast, lunch and dinner (some speciality restaurants are excluded) as well as cold and hot water, coffee, tea and milk with meals. All cabins have double beds, which can also be converted to single beds if required.
- November 19: Civitavecchia (near Rome, departs at 21:00)
- November 20: At sea
- November 21: Barcelona (7:00-21:00)
- November 22: Valencia, Spain (8:00-19:00)
- November 23: At sea
- November 24: Cadiz, Spain (8:00-18:00)
- November 25: At sea
- November 26: Funchal (on Madeira, 8:00-18:00)
- November 27 – December 1: At sea
- December 2 – 3: Kings Wharf, Bermuda
- December 4: At sea
- December 5 – 6: New York
The MSC Seascape
The MSC Seascape is set to be commissioned in November 2022 (this will be its inaugural sailing). The ship is 339 meters long and 41 meters wide. A total of up to 5,600 passengers and 1,300 crew members fit on the ship. There is an aqua park, baby and kids club, spa and yacht club and all kinds of entertainment programs. There are also several restaurants (including speciality restaurants, for which you have to pay extra) and bars. A look into the balcony cabin:
Getting home from New York
You can get to Europe easily. Here are some options (prices correct as of July 31):
- Budapest, Hungary on Lufthansa Group at US$264 (~€250). Many dates are available, including a carry-on bag.
- London, United Kingdom on WestJet / TAP at €227/€266.
- Berlin, Germany on Norse Atlantic at US$135 (~€128). Personal item only. Premium Economy costs US$315 (~€298)
- Oslo, Norway on Norse Atlantic at US$175 (~€166). Personal Item only.
- Athens, Barcelona, Dublin, Madrid, Paris, and Rome on TAP between €280 and €300.
Cover Picture: © MSC Cruises