Until May 20, 2022, Turkish Airlines’ loyalty program Miles&Smiles offers its customers a 25% discount on miles needed for reward flights in economy class as well as business class if you fly from the Middle East between May 10 and June 10. As a result, you can purchase business class one way tickets, e.g. from Muscat (Oman) to Europe for 18,400 miles, plus US$141 (~€133) in fees, taxes and surcharges on top.
Terms & Conditions
These are the most crucial terms & conditions of the promotion
- Promotional period ends on May 20, 2022.
- Travel period:
- May 10 until June 10, 2022.
- Only valid for departures from Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Syria, Yemen, and Northern Cyprus
- Valid for one-way tickets, as well as round trip tickets.
- Taxes and surcharges are not discounted.
- Exclusive to Turkish Airlines operated flights, not Star Alliance partners or AnadolouJet.
- Based on availability.
- Free rebooking.
- Cancellation fee of US$25 (~€24)
There are no restrictions on the participant’s nationality or residence. You can find the full T&Cs on the promotion’s landing page.
How to Book
You can search for Turkish Airlines award flights here:
The discount is automatically applied to your results. You may need to fool around with the dates a little, as only Promotional Awards are discounted.
Central Europe is categorized as Miles&Smiles region Europe 2. A oneway requires you to spend exactly half the mileage. You can find the complete table here. It also features region Europe 1 (mostly Eastern Europe), which is a little cheaper.
Sadly, Turkish Airlines adds a fuel surcharge to award tickets, adding €200 to business and €60 to economy class flights.
The most interesting for us are the flights from the Middle East to Europe. Normally, 24,500 miles per direction in business class and 17,000 miles in economy class are due to Central Europe.
The mileage discount brings the price down to:
- 12,750 miles + taxes and fees in economy class
- 18,400 miles + taxes and fees in business class
On many connections, Turkish Airlines flies with wide-body jets (Airbus A330, A350, Boeing 777 or 787)! There you can enjoy a real business class, even if the flight only lasts two or three hours.
Cover Picture: Ditmar Lange