You have currently the chance to earn Star Alliance Gold tier on a single first class roundtrip ticket, available for comparatively cheap €2,246 (~UAH 60,483). For this to succeed, you need an SAS Eurobonus account and credit the miles for your flight there.
Lufthansa & Swiss currently run a first class sale from Kiev, Ukraine. Within this sale, you may purchase a ticket from Borispil airport via Frankfurt to Buenos Aires at €2,246 (~UAH 60,483) per person. Your business class trip to Frankfurt and following first class ride to Argentina will get you enough mileage to get Star Alliance Gold via SAS Eurobonus.
With the short haul trips in booking class J and the long haul segments in booking class A, this trip is worth 46,888 points in SAS Eurobonus. The qualifying limit for Star Alliance Gold is at 45,000 points within twelve months.
2 x KBP-FRA in J w/ Lufthansa = 2 x standard 2,000 = 4,000 points 2 x FRA-EZE in A w/ Lufthansa = 2 x 300% Traveldistance = 2 x 21,444 = 42,888 points === 46,888 points
If you sign up to SAS Eurobonus shortly before your departure, you will enjoy Star Alliance Gold perks for the twelve months of your current qualifying window in addition to the usual one year duration. That adds up to almost two full years of Star Alliance Gold goodness!
Flights at this price can be found all year long. Use Google Flights (instructions) to find the cheap tickets. It will be best to book via lufthansa.com, once you’ve settled for dates. The first class sale ends on January 26, 2020.
You can find all the information you need on SAS Eurobonus in the following article:
And if you’re not interested in earning miles with SAS Eurobonus, here’s what the trip would get you on other Star Alliance frequent flyer programs:
- 63,850 on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 51,710 on LATAM Pass
- 46,880 on Miles & More
- 46,880 on SAS EuroBonus
- 46,880 on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 46,820 on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 46,820 on TAP Miles & Go
- 46,820 on Copa ConnectMiles
- 32,520 on Avianca LifeMiles
- 32,520 on United MileagePlus
- 31,540 on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 31,540 on EgyptAir Plus
- 31,540 on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 31,540 on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 24,390 on ANA Mileage Club
- 24,390 on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 24,000 on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 23,900 on South African Voyager
- 23,900 on Asiana Club
- 3,930 on Air India Flying Returns
- 2,460 on Asia Miles
Benefits of Star Alliance Gold Status
There are quite a few benefits you’ll be able to enjoy once you call a card with the Star Alliance Gold logo on it your own. And you’ll profit from them every time you choose to fly with a Star Alliance member, no matter which travel class:
- Priority Airport Check-in
- Airport Lounge Access to over 1,000 Star Alliance Gold lounges, including a guest
- Priority Boarding
- Extra Baggage Allowance and Priority Baggage Handling
- Gold Track (Where available)
- Priority Reservations Waitlist
- Priority Airport Stand-by
You can check out other ways to get this coveted frequent flyer tier here: