You have currently the chance to earn Star Alliance Gold tier on a single first class roundtrip ticket, available for comparatively cheap €2,499. For this to succeed, you need an SAS Eurobonus account and credit the miles for your flight there.
Lufthansa & Swiss currently run a first class sales from Madrid and Lisbon. Within this sale, you may purchase a ticket from either of these airports via Frankfurt to Buenos Aires at €2,499 per person. Your business class trip to Frankfurt and following first class ride to Argentina will get you enough mileage to get Star Alliance Gold via SAS Eurobonus.
With the short haul trips in booking class J and the long haul segments in booking class A, this trip is worth 46,888 points in SAS Eurobonus. The qualifying limit for Star Alliance Gold is at 45,000 points within twelve months.
2 x KBP-FRA in J w/ Lufthansa = 2 x standard 2,000 = 4,000 points 2 x FRA-EZE in A w/ Lufthansa = 2 x 300% Traveldistance = 2 x 21,444 = 42,888 points === 46,888 points
If you sign up to SAS Eurobonus shortly before your departure, you will enjoy Star Alliance Gold perks for the twelve months of your current qualifying window in addition to the usual one year duration. That adds up to almost two full years of Star Alliance Gold goodness!
Flights at this price can be found all year long. Use Google Flights (instructions) to find the cheap tickets. It will be best to book via lufthansa.com, once you’ve settled for dates. The first class sale ends on January 26, 2020.
You can find all the information you need on SAS Eurobonus in the following article:
And if you’re not interested in earning miles with SAS Eurobonus, here’s what the trip would get you on other Star Alliance frequent flyer programs:
- 63,852 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 46,888 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 46,888 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 46,882 Miles on Miles&More
- 46,824 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 46,824 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 46,824 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 42,888 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
- 32,528 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 32,524 Award Miles + 3,788 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 32,134 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 31,544 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 31,544 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 31,544 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 31,544 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 24,396 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 24,396 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 24,002 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 23,904 Miles on Asiana Club
- 23,904 Miles on South African Voyager
- 3,936 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
Benefits of Star Alliance Gold Status
There are quite a few benefits you’ll be able to enjoy once you call a card with the Star Alliance Gold logo on it your own. And you’ll profit from them every time you choose to fly with a Star Alliance member, no matter which travel class:
- Priority Airport Check-in
- Airport Lounge Access to over 1,000 Star Alliance Gold lounges, including a guest
- Priority Boarding
- Extra Baggage Allowance and Priority Baggage Handling
- Gold Track (Where available)
- Priority Reservations Waitlist
- Priority Airport Stand-by
You can check out other ways to get this coveted frequent flyer tier here: