The price is a combination of £5 for the ticket and a £1 Booking Fee. You can pay via Visa, MasterCard or PayPal. (In need of a travel credit card? We’ve tested quite a few!) Availability at the lowest price is pretty good.
During your two hour trip you may up to fifty sights of Britain’s capital, such as Tower Bridge, the Clock Tower (aka Big Ben), the Houses Of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus and Westminster Abbey.
In contrast to other operators like BigBusTours, you can’t get off and on the bus at any point of your choosing. That’s why the price is only £6 (~€7) instead of the at least £35 (~€41) other bus tours may charge you.
The main characteristics of Megabus’ sightseeing tours are:
- Buses leave hourly from certain points. This is not a hop-on-hop-off system.
- You can only board or leave the bus at the following stations: London Eye, Tower of London and Park Lane.
- You have to make a reservation in advance.
- There are no headphones on the bus. Information regarding the sights are distributed by the bus’ speaker system.
- All buses are double decker buses with an upper-deck. However, the best seats may already be taken.