Star Alliance member Lufthansa is selling discounted premium economy tickets from Schiphol airport in Amsterdam with the sole condition that you book these flights for at least 2 people. Starting at €550, the Star Alliance member will take you to worldwide destinations, such as Johannesburg, Rio de Janeiro, and Thailand. All flights have layover in Frankfurt or Munich.
The short trips between Amsterdam and Germany are regular economy flights, but your long haul segments guarantee a little extra space, comfort and attention. Further, two checked bags up to 23 kg are included in all fares.
Many destinations have currently imposed travel restrictions, but all show availability up to October 2021. Lufthansa has waived its rebooking fee, but you’d still have to pay the price difference when changing flights. It could be several hundred euros.
You may find the following destinations & prices:
- Tehran: €500 pp.
- Bangkok: €550 pp.
- Mumbai: €550 pp.
- Delhi: €550 pp.
- Astana / Nursultan: €550 pp.
- Almaty: €550 pp.
- Nairobi: €550 pp.
- Dubai: €550 pp.
- Riad: €550 pp.
- Koh Samui: €625 pp.
- Johannesburg: €650 pp.
- Luanda: €650 pp.
- Bali: €675 pp.
- Cape Town: €700 pp.
- Bogota: €700 pp.
- Buenos Aires: €700 pp.
- Hong Kong: €700 pp.
- Singapore: €700 pp.
- Beijing: €700 pp.
- Shanghai: €700 pp.
- Jakarta: €710 pp.
- Rio de Janeiro: €750 pp.
- Seoul: €750 pp.
- Phnom-Penh: €750 pp.
- Kuala Lumpur: €770 pp.
- Sao Paulo: €850 pp.
- Santiago de Chile: €850 pp.
- Sydney: €985 pp.
- Tokyo: €1,000 pp. (not a good deal)
- and more…
When booking via lufthansa.com, you can freely combine travel classes for your out- and inbound flights. For example, you can travel premium economy to Bangkok and combine it with a business class inbound.
Lufthansa’s premium economy cabin is of the better ones: It grants more space in seat width and pitch, larger monitors and free luggage compared to regular economy class fares. You can read more about the product in Dennis’ review:
Search & Book
You can book these flights up until November 22, 2020. You can fly until October 25, 2021. There are even some available dates during the summer vacation. You need to book these flights through Lufthansa’s promotion site. It is absolutely essential that you book through that site, as you’ll be shown far higher prices if you try to book these flights through a different site, even Lufthansa’s home page.
- 17,190 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 13,680 Miles on Miles&More
- 13,680 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 13,680 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 13,180 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 12,180 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 12,180 Miles on Asiana Club
- 11,860 Award Miles + 1,630 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 11,860 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 11,860 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 11,860 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 11,860 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 11,680 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 11,630 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 11,630 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 11,630 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 11,630 Miles on South African Voyager
- 11,630 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 11,630 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 11,430 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 680 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
If you credit the miles at Miles&More, you’ll get 4 to 6 miles per Euro, depending on your status.